Old 03-22-2014, 10:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.4
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Throw it until it breaks. I hate when that happens but what I use for an upside to the situation is looking forward to finding a replacement for that disc. Which most times means I will put something in my bag I have wanted to for a long time but couldn't justify it. Now that my sentimental disc is gone I can justify it and look forward to it.

Old 03-22-2014, 10:40 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
TL;DR...My cat's breath smells like cat food

You make a good point about value once the thrower market dries up. At some point, I see CE very quickly becoming as vulnerable in all weather conditions as it is in the cold. Will collectors still want it when throwers no longer cry that CE is the only premium plastic that flies like the mold's intended and start talking about DX being more durable? Sure...

The more important thing you made (to me) is whether or not the molds that are cherished (and have the most value) will retain their value as other molds dethrone them. Will CE Leopards still be as loved when more people realize how amazing the Patriot is? Considering the explosion of value of Legacy's CFR only Legend plastic, it's possible that it won't, regardless of CE's place in history.

Even with the love people have for the CE drivers, the biggest question is what will/can anything dethrone the Roc? I don't see FR/2FR Buzzzes getting there. I unfortunately don't see the Ghost doing it either.

It really is difficult to write on this subject without feeling like you're rambling. Damnit!

As for the 9X, throw it until it breaks, put it back together as best you can, frame it, and hang it then.