Old 03-25-2014, 10:07 PM
Bogey Member

Keeping your head down

So, one thing I am trying to mess around with is the concept of keeping the head down. Feldberg teaches it and I see it when I watch the pros. On video, when I throw, I look back, but, i yank my head back to the target bringing my body up and my shoulder higher than it should be. I experimented a little today, but, it was extremely difficult to get it right. I assume this is a major flaw in my form that needs to be worked on, right? Any tips on making this transition to keeping my head down and letting my non throwing shoulder bring my head around?
Old 03-26-2014, 01:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 106
That's a good way to wreck your spine. For the most part my head just follows the spine(stays in posture) and the disc. When you release, your head should be somewhat forward, the rear shoulder will still come around if you smashed through the hit.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:57 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
If you watch the Shusterick driving instructional video, he specifically addresses this. He doesn't look at the target until his back shoulder comes through and forces him to look forward (or something close to that, been a while since I've watched that).

Old 03-27-2014, 10:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBodyDisc View Post
If you watch the Shusterick driving instructional video, he specifically addresses this. He doesn't look at the target until his back shoulder comes through and forces him to look forward (or something close to that, been a while since I've watched that).
Yep, and he clearly doesn't follow his own advice:
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.