Old 04-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
SuperDrive Me

Hey guys... I have been playing for a little over 2 years. Got tired of having peaked a couple of weeks ago... so I am making a conscious effort to make my form better. First off, I was originally gripping at 3 oclock at belly button level... I have changed that to 12 oclock at nipple level. I am trying to start pivoting on my heel. I am trying to turn my hips all the way back and face my butt towards the fairway. Sorry for the itty bitty screen... I will shoot that sideways next time. Feel free to critique me hard.... my form needs it. I will try to keep posting every couple of days for a month or so.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:56 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 103
Overall mechanics look nice but I think you start with your weight too far forward. You notice on the front first pump how your shoulders are over your plant foot already and balance is off? Try to keep your weight back longer and turned away with weight off the plant foot until you initiate the hips for the throw to start. Your leading top heavy and slowing down with shifting the weight more efficiently from back to front should help a lot and be able to feel the difference without any added effort or even less effort to get better results.

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 04-03-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Plastic Counselor

Also try to push the back leg through and not lift it up ballerina style. If you think about driving the knee towards the target before the foot it might help and having your weight back first also will keep it down longer.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Thanks AIM... I will try to work on both of those things next time I make it out. It is kind of fun to just work on the mechanics. I have been to the course like 4 times this week... but only played one hole (the hole in the video). I am just working on my drive mechanics about 40-50 throws per day mostly with putters.... upshots backhand and forehand... and about 100 putts before and after driving. Hopefully, the practice will start to pay dividends before long.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 106
Decent rhythm but your posture is folded like a lawn chair with your weight behind the heels leading to weight transfer and alignment issues.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Holy cow... totally right Sidewinder (i forget your actual name.... I know we have chatted before). Ya... 5:22 really hits home for me. I feel like that could be huge. What happens when you need to keep your shot low then? I thought you could generate more power with your hips flexed/knees bent?
Old 04-03-2014, 09:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 106
This is talking mostly about pure power, although he does talk about keeping the shoulders more even with the hips for line drives. There's a trade off of rotational speed vs leverage in how much you bend. There's also a difference of good athletic balance and posture vs being bent out of balance.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

I will keep that in mind and try to get a new video up in a few days. Thanks a ton guys.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Plastic Counselor

The lawn chair analogy is a very good one. Its like opening and closing while seated in the chair really would prove the posture/balance difference in feeling natural/comfortable.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Hey guys.. just wanted to check in. I have been really working on the posture bit. I had 4 or 5 drives today at 350 to 360 feet. That keeping the back straight has really helped out so much. I had no idea how much I was slouching.... thanks so much. I am going to post a new video this week to show you where I'm at now.