Old 03-27-2014, 12:09 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Agreed. I just mean as far as putting on a "live" broadcast the info is essentially old news and they don't always have the info.
Oh yeah it's a little weird to hear them read a question then laugh and say they probably need to ask someone else for that answer. I can respect that honestly at least. Probably best to really look over the questions ahead of time and pick the ones you can answer then try to get answers for the ones you don't before you go live. That won't fix the questions you get during the comments of the broadcast but if those people ask better questions I think it will also help. Some of them are really good and others I just think are a waste of time. Maybe I'll have to provide some good ones myself.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:42 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
Clubs is a term used but they are actually more like teams. Like for example he talked about skywalkers. That's the name of a local guy's gym and they have a team of like four players. They have some shirts and will sometimes challenge another team for a team doubles round etc.

The others are the same pretty much. Some have more than others. Like the one I help run is about 12 people with 8 or so regulars. Three women and about five to six guys. Doubles every week and raise a few bucks going towards a new course installation at a day camp. Those are all being combined in the one big bag tag league and singles league we're running for an 18 week season this summer. The idea is to get everyone to meet each other and then starting this upcoming winter organize a revival of the once large and active Emporia Disc Golf Club.

Winter putting league, new bag tags, sanctioned singles league, doubles league. All in the works for next year as well as monthly tournaments and several more food drive tourneys cause the one we helped with earlier this months was a pretty big success. I think we raised over 238 cans and 84 other items and that was just twenty guys who came out on a freezing cold day.

So I'd say it's getting on the right track and going pretty well so far.
Interesting. It's good to hear its on the right track. Emporia has all the right pieces for a great organized club. All the best to you guys.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteyBear View Post
Interesting. It's good to hear its on the right track. Emporia has all the right pieces for a great organized club. All the best to you guys.

Thanks, and you're absolutely right. Plenty of good courses, players, and a retail shop that goes beyond what's expected to help.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: RHBH
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Plastic Counselor

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Plastic Counselor

Sometimes I wonder if Bobby even plays disc golf' Hes a straight "n00b"....
Old 04-22-2014, 10:00 PM
Plastic Counselor

Old 04-29-2014, 06:06 PM
Plastic Counselor

It is Glass Blown Open Week at Dynamic Discs and we have a special guest all the way from Sweden here in Emporia, Kansas.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Plastic Counselor

Old 05-23-2014, 10:05 PM
Plastic Counselor