Old 03-24-2014, 09:41 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSELL View Post
page 13?
i mixed all of my samples to the ratio he specified on page 13 i think it was... worked just fine. i have more time to play w dyes on monday and tuesday nights because I'm off work then, and home. i plan to test the oil pink tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffcarvercustomdisc View Post
i mixed all of my samples to the ratio he specified on page 13 i think it was... worked just fine. i have more time to play w dyes on monday and tuesday nights because I'm off work then, and home. i plan to test the oil pink tomorrow.
the "page 13" confused me, because for me, this page is page 5.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:36 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSELL View Post
the "page 13" confused me, because for me, this page is page 5.
did not factor in the chance of your reseting the settings to your liking was a rough guess on my part at 13 was all.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:24 AM
Par Member

so has any one got more than the samples from pylam and prochem? I'm almost out, and I'm not happy w the reds... the greens, blues, purples, yellows, oranges... those are great... but I'm also almost out and need to get more but not really interested in the lb at a time order at that price tag...
Old 04-16-2014, 09:39 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffcarvercustomdisc View Post
so has any one got more than the samples from pylam and prochem? I'm almost out, and I'm not happy w the reds... the greens, blues, purples, yellows, oranges... those are great... but I'm also almost out and need to get more but not really interested in the lb at a time order at that price tag...
Im about to try out some pro chem tonight for the first time. I want to do a nebula background for a disc with an idye orange/red/crimson stamp. Does anyone have any pics of a nebula done with prochem bright red, clear orange, bright yellow, bright blue or turqoise?

I wanted to use red orange and yellow but am afraid it will be too similar to the idye colors.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 61
Mixed a 1% solution of the pylum bright red and it looks more like brick red. Not the results I was looking for. Am going to add more dye and see......
Old 04-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
Im about to try out some pro chem tonight for the first time. I want to do a nebula background for a disc with an idye orange/red/crimson stamp. Does anyone have any pics of a nebula done with prochem bright red, clear orange, bright yellow, bright blue or turqoise?

I wanted to use red orange and yellow but am afraid it will be too similar to the idye colors.
I did this one with prochem bright red and clear orange...Also some black idye (i believe)...The bright red was the dominating color in my mix as you can tell...Its got kind of a hot red feel in person.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:02 AM

Years Playing: 26.2
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: LHBH
For the Pylam samples -

Disperse dye, correct?
Should I ask for water soluble powder or liquid?
Where are all the colors listed, or are they?
I see some samples here
Has anyone tried the Pylaklor Fluorescent Coral or the Pylaklor Fluorescene?
I just want to dye a white disc to make it either bright pink or chartreuse so I have a better chance of finding that sucker after a wayward throw that I look away from in disgust (when will I learn?).
Old 04-23-2014, 01:51 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly Bastage View Post
For the Pylam samples -

Disperse dye, correct?
Should I ask for water soluble powder or liquid?
Where are all the colors listed, or are they?
I see some samples here
Has anyone tried the Pylaklor Fluorescent Coral or the Pylaklor Fluorescene?
I just want to dye a white disc to make it either bright pink or chartreuse so I have a better chance of finding that sucker after a wayward throw that I look away from in disgust (when will I learn?).
Disperse dye, correct? Yes
Should I ask for water soluble powder or liquid? Powder
Where are all the colors listed, or are they? They are but better to just request colors you want for the sample.

So far the closest to bright pink (I think) you'll come with Pylam is there Fuschia. You may want to consider Quick coat worm dye as well if you are going for ultra bright 1 solid color.

Good luck!

Old 04-23-2014, 03:59 PM

Years Playing: 26.2
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Good luck!
Thanks.

I have never dyed before and am not sure which colors to request. I am hoping to see a few more dyes on this thread (with and without the prochemical carrier and synthrapol) before deciding what to do.

Do the sample colors they show correlate in any way to what I would get on a white disc (I was going to ask this on the newbie thread but since I am here...)?

The worm dye looks great. Exactly what I would want but I have a Legacy Trails stamped Icon Rival from moose-msd and I do not want to mess up the stamp. I do not suppose there is any worm dye without acetone is there?