Old 05-26-2014, 05:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
i'll also say that i haven't had a single issue with spit-throughs and only once bounce-out which was my own fault. i putt in what is probably considered the most "medium" style ever. not too fast, not too slow, not too much arc and not a laser. just a little disc on its way to the basket, bangin' some chains and then falling down. those of you with a more aggressive putt may have different results. once you get close to the basket, putting with softs, if you putt too softly you risk rolling off the chains to the left more than with other putters. that's about all i've noticed.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2014, 11:04 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 20
I have made the decision to stick with my Anodes all year. Last year I got frustrated with them and bought some EZE Pures which I had success with ...for about 3 weeks. I still throw one in the bag if its raining, but adjusting my grip this year on putts has made a big difference. I will start messing with my softs more to see if I like them for putting, since i have always putted the firms.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:11 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 104
I used to love rock hard proton Ions but since changed my tune. You might like the soft anode for putts and extra bit of give. Soft MVP discs are not floppy due to the OM I believe which makes them hold rigidity of the mold and not warp while giving great grip through the softer feel.

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 05-26-2014 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
the only "tough" shot with this setup, imo, is a turnover or right turning lines. when thrown clean the anode will not turn. it will hold anny but the softs i've got have some LSS that makes them flex back.
Yep... I agree. I have found that the Envy holds a very nice anny. So if I have the height, I'll throw that. But, until Axiom comes out with an understable Envy (which will likely replace the Anode for me), I'm throwing a beat Tangent for short turnovers.

Fwiw, I've tried a PA4 for this shot & was surprised at how unpredictable it was. Sometimes it would turn, and other times it wouldn't.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:39 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
I used to love rock hard proton Ions but since changed my tune. You might like the soft anode for putts and extra bit of give. Soft MVP discs are not floppy due to the OM I believe which makes them hold rigidity of the mold and not warp while giving great grip through the softer feel.
Yeah, I have gone back and forth with which one I prefer for putting. I use my soft primarily for driving and upshots that I don't use my Tangent for.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 18
I've been using Anodes for putting for almost 2 years now. I was a pitch putter and it worked pretty good except I could never get any distance. So, outside the circle was a jump putt and a prayer.

For the last few months I've been giving spin putting a twirl and recently it's really been kicking in. Yesterday I studied a bunch of Paul McBeth's putts and mimicked a few things he does which has my putting possibly the best it's every been.

In trying spin putting I bought a hard Judge 2 weeks ago and dropped the Anode for now. So, with the changes from Paul's technique I'm really hitting longer putts but at yesterday I pulled out the Anode again after hearing Paul say he likes a non-beaded putter due to cleaner release and more glide.

So, now I'm thinking of going back to my Anodes or maybe trying a Warden. I love the feel of the base plastic of the Judge/Warden but I love my MVP too.

Do other MVP putter throwers find that the Anode and/or Ion have more glide than other putters?
Old 08-21-2014, 02:20 PM
FROLF OFF!

For premi plastic they glide very well IMO specially at a little lighter weight without acting as squirrelly as other lighter putters.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Birdie Member

I've found I never miss putts that I could have thrown better. I hear people blaming misse dputts on baskets, the discs, the wind, etc. I try to place as much blame for my game on myself as possible. Disc didn't fly "right?" Throw it better. Putt bounced out of basket? Hit lower on the pole. Disc hit chains on either side and didn't stick? Maybe if I didn't suck, and hit dead center every time it wouldn't fall out! Putting is all on you. I have made plenty of putts with 11x Firebirds while upset about missing the first one. Granted, Firebirds always putt, :P, but if champ plastic thrown hard can stick, just putt better, and they will all stick.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
Do soft proton Anodes have more glide than reg proton Anodes? I Don't have a soft P Anode yet.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:54 PM
FROLF OFF!

IMO not really but they might puddle top a little faster which definitely gives ions some added glide. I find the most glide out of a very roughly seasoned neutron disc where it is no longer glossy on the top or bottom of the flight plate.