Old 08-10-2014, 03:08 PM

Courses Played: 5
So next time we visit family in Saginaw we were hoping to check out a well stocked disc golf store? Anywhere in the Ft Worth area have a decent selection of discs and bags?
Old 08-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
As far as I know, no. To my knowledge the best selection within reasonable driving distance would be the Quick Stop in Arlington. A bit pricey, and heavy (disc weights) but the largest selection of Brands/Plastics by far.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedo Vegas View Post
So next time we visit family in Saginaw we were hoping to check out a well stocked disc golf store? Anywhere in the Ft Worth area have a decent selection of discs and bags?
The Disc Shop in Ft. Worth is pretty new, but I think that should have a good selection of discs and bags. You can get a hold of them through their Facebook page or call.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHFH
The Disc Shop and Quick Stop are your beat options. The disc shop hasn't been around long and a bit difficult to find on the web, but can be found on Facebook.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 20
They are located just south of 30 off of Cherry Lane. It's a nice little place, and I appreciate having a disc spot close to home. That being said, with them being such a new place, the selection is honestly mediocre.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 92
Lewisville isn't too far from Saginaw. Dynamic Discs has an awesome shop on the way to the Lake course. Both the shop and the course are worth the trip.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:34 PM
Eagle Member

We officially have all the sponsors for the new course in Keene, including the nine holes, teepads, practice basket and driving range. We're particularly excited about the driving range. It's sponsored by a cousin of Tom Selinske, who will sponsor it in his name.
We've also gotten permission from Southwestern to use the wooded area behind the pond for the back nine. This is going to take a yon of work, but they've committed to giving us machinery and man hours to get it workable. We're going to get the front nine in to start with, and add the back nine later. We think we'll have the front nine in a fee months, the tee pads coming a few months later.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:41 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyKShort View Post
We officially have all the sponsors for the new course in Keene, including the nine holes, teepads, practice basket and driving range. We're particularly excited about the driving range. It's sponsored by a cousin of Tom Selinske, who will sponsor it in his name.
We've also gotten permission from Southwestern to use the wooded area behind the pond for the back nine. This is going to take a yon of work, but they've committed to giving us machinery and man hours to get it workable. We're going to get the front nine in to start with, and add the back nine later. We think we'll have the front nine in a fee months, the tee pads coming a few months later.

So I shouldn't try typing Tim Selinski on my iPad late at night. I really thought I got that right.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:11 AM

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 34
Can't believe no one has mentioned that Fritz park in Irving is now 18 holes, they are still working on signs and tee pads, but it is playable.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedo Vegas View Post

The quick stop like people are saying has the best selection for sure. My other go too, which is closer to saginaw:

Foremans

David handles all the disc stuff in the shop and is knowledgeable unlike the other stores around.