Old 06-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Unger Park?

I have heard for a while now that a course has been underway at Unger Park near Eureka Missouri. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the completion of the course?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 146
it's there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucktown View Post
I have heard for a while now that a course has been underway at Unger Park near Eureka Missouri. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the completion of the course?
it's there, right off the highway, not too far from eureka high school...can't remember exactly how to get there, but i played it before i moved to NC, probably played it in Nov. '07...not too difficult, pretty flat and open...it was only 9 if i remember correctly, but i might be wrong about that...check out rivercityflyers.com or go talk to Dave Mac at Gateway Disc (store is right next to JB)...i miss the disc back in STL, but the NC courses are kinda fun...get to Columbia and play Oakland as soon as you can though, i saw it on your wish list, also add Indian Hills, all 3 are fun/tough
Old 06-27-2008, 03:46 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 130
No, the park you are thinking of is Kircher Park. It went in last fall in Eureka.

Unger Park is in Fenton behind the Soccer Park and was approved for an 18 hole course with the possibility of another 18 in the near future. GDS did the course design (supposedly a Champ 18 course similar to Foundation Park) and RCF had begun clearing the land when the Meramec River went over it's banks this spring and flooded the park. It has been underwater and closed to the public ever since. Anybody who remembers the Creve Coeur Lake Park disaster of 1993 can understand that hopes are not high in St. Louis that Unger Park will ever materialize as a disc golf course site at this point.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 146
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
No, the park you are thinking of is Kircher Park. It went in last fall in Eureka.

Unger Park is in Fenton behind the Soccer Park and was approved for an 18 hole course with the possibility of another 18 in the near future. GDS did the course design (supposedly a Champ 18 course similar to Foundation Park) and RCF had begun clearing the land when the Meramec River went over it's banks this spring and flooded the park. It has been underwater and closed to the public ever since. Anybody who remembers the Creve Coeur Lake Park disaster of 1993 can understand that hopes are not high in St. Louis that Unger Park will ever materialize as a disc golf course site at this point.
the park i'm thinking of had a "model" train track in it for those smaller than normal, but bigger than model trains...it seemed pretty cool though...that's too bad about all the flooding BTW, I work in news out here and we're doing several stories a day about the flood and all i keep thinking about is sandbagging out in Chesterfield Valley back in '93!

Kircher Park, now I know.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:55 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 130
The Unger Park design is done and the sleeves are in. The baskets should be in sometime after Christmas.

Here is a map:

Old 12-17-2008, 05:35 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 32
Quote:
The Unger Park design is done and the sleeves are in. The baskets should be in sometime after Christmas.

Here is a map:

cool map.

and indeed, the park is going in after x-mas. i may be schlepping a few of the baskets there in my old man's suburban in fact.

Three Putt, are you on the RCF boards???
Old 12-17-2008, 05:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 32
well, since the board won't let me edit my post anymore...

going to rivercityflyers.com takes you to a site for model airplane enthusiasts.

to get to the STLDGC site (who's members call themselves river city flyers) you need stlouisdiscgolfclub.com
Old 12-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 26
Quote:

Here is a map:

Looks like hole 11 will end up owning my disc in the future.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:13 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by discinvan View Post
Looks like hole 11 will end up owning my disc in the future.
Yes, and #12 and #13 and #14.

Risky shots when strong winds picks up...good luck!

Old 12-25-2008, 08:50 PM

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 9
Send a message via AIM to FENTONflyer
Thumbs up I LIVE NEAR UNGER

This course should be awesome. It will be located right behind the soccer park that someone will see from highway 44. I recently talked with one of the guys from gateway disc golf near the jefferson barracks course and he told me that he was placing the baskets right after christmas. Apparently there is a tournament to be played there on the 10th of January if I am not mistaken. He also told me that the course will be much harder than jefferson barracks, whether or not thats true I will find out.

Hopefully this course is extremely hard.