Old 05-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHFH
I caved in and bought one. Won't have it until sometime next week, but I am sure excited.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 14
Damn I really want some meduim Ion's now!!!! I am jealous of discspeed and his 4 mediums, damn him lol!!

Any idea when the mediums will be released and avaliable for the rest of us?

I have been putting with my soft Ion's for about 3 weeks now, and everyday I still find myself digging these more and more. With that being said, I am really digging em right now, but will probably be digging them even more in another week! These are some sick putters! We just need the mediums to be released.....
Old 05-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.2
nothin will ever beat out my putter that has won more World Championships than all other putters combined. They don't call it the #1 putter in DG for nothin. I don't care how pretty lookin those things are.

*ion click. qty 1 click. add to cart. click*
Old 05-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posey Ching View Post
nothin will ever beat out my putter that has won more World Championships than all other putters combined. They don't call it the #1 putter in DG for nothin. I don't care how pretty lookin those things are.

*ion click. qty 1 click. add to cart. click*
LOL!!

Thas pretty much how I felt about my Wizards. The Wiz was the disc that had been in my bag the longest, beating out countless putter in the past. It had held my putter slot down for over a year straight, so well in fact that I never even wanted to TRY any other putters that I hadn't tried already.

The ION changed all of this. My Wizards are out of my bag, and I think they might be out for good. When I toss them now after throwing my Ion's they kinda feel like bricks, since the Ion's have so much glide. I've got no hate for my Wizards, they treated me well for a long while, but there is a new putter in town now....the ION!!
Old 05-08-2010, 02:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Its funny because most putters I love for putting right away when they are new, but then fall out of love with them as time goes on; but the ION, I was really not sure on at first but the more I use it, its gotten to be clutch!

I dont think I can say enough about the disc.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Just depends on the person. If someone has been using a DX aviar their whole career and the aviar has always done them well, I think it would be a bad idea to change putters. It's like a relationship with a woman. The longer you are with her, the more you know about every little thing about her. You even know exactly what time she is going to take a dump in the mornin. Just like you know exactly what that putter is going to do that you've been with for 10 years. And breakups suck. You can't cheat on your putter or just divorce her and find a new one the next day. That would be wrong.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 11
Yep. Very nice. Love it. Friends who tried, loved it.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:44 AM
* Ace Member *

I'm really digging the medium Ions for putting. I was practicing a lot with the softs, but I was really hot and cold. I can make them work, but its going pretty far outside the natural putting style I've built over the past 6-7 years (more spin, less pitch). I think this was causing some inconsistency. Anyway, insert the mediums and I'm putting like a champ! I bogeyed my first hole at my handicap yesterday, but then proceeded to hit 9 birdies and finish -8. I had to hit at least 8-9 putts at or over 30' to get there. Not only was I banging down with the mediums, but every putt looked the same. When I missed it was close, usually high/low. Its nice putting with my natural style again, and the mediums support that style better than any putter I've tried!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 15
I just got the one a while about a month ago I guess and it doesnt feel floppy at all? Maybe just the Ohio weather compared to Florida I am guessing. Seems just slightly more firm than a Soft X Banger.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 199
What's the rim like on the Ion? Any other putters you would compare it as far as feel? It sounds like a good disc for me to try driving with, but I need something Spike-like to get a good power grip.