Old 07-06-2010, 12:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Well...if you lose all your discs, you can't complete the object of the game which is to get a disc in the basket.
touché sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiketheGoalie View Post
You're right, I don't get a lot of snap. It's something I'm working on, but as I don't know anybody better than me, it's mostly from a series of tubes on my computer and trying random things.

The putter recommendations do help, even if you're an LSU fan. Thanks.
Oh now, you gotta reveal your colors if you're gonna call me out.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
Oh now, you gotta reveal your colors if you're gonna call me out.
Alumni from the state school from your eastern neighbor. Unfortunately, I didn't get into DG till after I graduated or I would have had an opportunity to play more courses in Mississippi.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHBH
MooU? Aww man, I'm worried about y'all. I think we beat up on you too much cuz your school's considering leaving the SEC
Old 07-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Par Member

Never happen. No way would they turn down the money from the SEC. We're not a football school, but we are pretty good baseball and basketball school. Just nobody knows about anything but SEC football.

OT: What's the difference between a Gateway putter and the Magnet? Rim? Plastic? Range?
Old 07-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Par Member

New question: I played my first tourney this weekend and lived and died with my KC Pro Eagle. Now I can't sleep for fear of what will happen if I lose it. I understand that the Eagle is a weird disc to categorize because there are like 4,586 versions. Which Eagle (or other disc) do I need to keep in the back of my head in case the unthinkable happens and the gnomes take my disc?

Old 07-12-2010, 12:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Ray View Post
I don't understand folks' desire to eliminate 'overlap' in their bags. I tend to strive for ubiquitous 'overlap', so if I lose a disc during a round, the other two discs that 'overlap' it (on the 'high' side & on the 'low' side, or whatever you want to call it) can stand in for it for the remainder of the day.
When people are looking to get rid of "overlap" I read it as they want to eliminate mold overlap, not make it so no two discs they carry fly at all similar. The idea is that you're both learning how to get a few molds to fly many different ways, and so that it's always obvious as to which mold you should throw for any shot. If someone has a XL, Cyclone and Leopard all in their bag and they pick the wrong mold they'll be a lot farther off target than they would be had they picked the wrong Cyclone.

I'll agree that, especially in tournaments, you'll want at least two disc options for any given shot in case you loose a disc during the round.