Disc Golf Center
Old 07-15-2010, 11:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Yeah, keep your lead knee bent and stay on the balls of your foot. Pivot freely around on the lead foot as you follow through, and kick the back leg up in the air.

How's the Summit working for you? Could you compare it's stability and glide to your Wizard?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2010, 12:18 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
How's the Summit working for you? Could you compare it's stability and glide to your Wizard?
I actually just got it, and have only played one round with it as of this moment along with some tossing in a field and playing catch with a buddy. It is much less stable than my Wizard was new, and still significantly less so even with the Wizard being in something like a 7-8/10 condition right now. In fact, it is about as stable as a slightly worn DX Aviar as far as I can tell right now. My best shot with it in the one round I played with it was a parked ace run at about 220'; I gave it a little hyzer and it flipped to turnover just the slightest bit around some trees and buzzed the chains. I'd guess that if there was less of a crosswind, I would have had a good chance at my first ace. On that same hole, I have to anny the Wizard to get it close. The next hole is about 235' or so, I tried to crank a little more distance out of it but came up about 10' short and 30' right due to turning over when I needed the slight left fade that is cake with the Wizard.

I can't really comment on the glide with the limited use I've had with it, but its not significantly different if anything.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderPride View Post
I have a bad habit of getting flat-footed on the follow through rather than concentrating my weight on the balls of my feet. I can get away with it on smooth concrete or packed dirt, but it seems not so much on football field turf. Perhaps that is something else I need to work on.
I would worry too much about your actual pivot being on the balls of your feet. If you watch most people with really good pivots it sort of happens flat footed and then they roll onto the ball of their front foot during the follow through (hint: don't watch Steve Rico for this). To me it seems like your weight wouldn't be in the right place if your pivot happened on the ball of your foot but I don't have as clear of an understanding of the pivot as some.