Old 03-09-2009, 09:52 PM

Courses Played: 15
buzzz vs buzzz gt

I recently aquired a buzzz gt from a friend of mine and it feels great in my hand. I use a banger gt putter so i'm used to the feel already. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a difference in the stability between the buzzz gt and normal z buzzz, they are both brand new so wear is not a factor. I know discraft rates them the same at 0.5 but they are two way different disc to me. I love both but the gt is less predictable with power and i'm not sure if it had anything to do with the grove top or not. Any info or personal thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 11
I have a Buzzz that has a "ring/dip" around the inside of the disc, and just bought a Buzzz mid range(no ring)... I couldn't throw the one with the ring/dip on it at all... The new one works wonders for me!!! I finally have a mid range... Maybe there is no difference, but I had no luck with the old style...
Old 03-30-2009, 12:03 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 140
Throwing Style: RHBH
The Buzzz GT was flippier IMO. It's discontinued as well.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 11
I am going to get a second Buzzz for my putter... Used my Buzzz only today, and was making putts all over the place!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 23
The GT seems less stable than the other Buzzz... I like it, but I'd rather throw a Comet.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:20 PM

Courses Played: 2
I have to disagree with the posts above...so strongly so that I joined the site. Like a lot of the stuff Discraft makes, I think this is a good example of a "finesse" disc. If you are in the habit of hacking into every shot with full power...yes, you will probably flip this bird.

In my humble opinion the Buzzz GT is the best approach disc I own (and it is a tragedy that this disc never caught on). Just like the normal Buzzz it will hold any line you give it, but it has a little less lift and a very flat fade (i.e. almost no dive). This makes it a great disc for safely laying up near the basket. For this purpose, try releasing it flat with just a little hyser on the approach; when released in this manner it makes a very reliable quick, flat left turn that buries nicely into the ground. Heavier versions are great in the wind. It also makes a nice roller for shots in the 300-350' range. I am not generally a fan of thumb tracks, but this one is well designed. I only wish they had made a version of this in Z-plastic so I could use it more on the desert courses!
Old 04-03-2009, 03:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 106
I love the GT Buzz and FLX Buzz! They are a little different and the GT is slightly less stable and has less low speed fade which comes in handy sometimes especially approaches. I was shocked that they discontinued the GT and do wish they made it in ESP or Elite-Z also.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 15
They should make a Wasp GT.

That would Roc.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
my buzzz made from the x plastic is the best thing that has happen to me. I need to start stalking up on these before they become really hard to find.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:43 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Devin Anderson View Post
I have to disagree with the posts above...so strongly so that I joined the site. Like a lot of the stuff Discraft makes, I think this is a good example of a "finesse" disc. If you are in the habit of hacking into every shot with full power...yes, you will probably flip this bird.

In my humble opinion the Buzzz GT is the best approach disc I own (and it is a tragedy that this disc never caught on). Just like the normal Buzzz it will hold any line you give it, but it has a little less lift and a very flat fade (i.e. almost no dive). This makes it a great disc for safely laying up near the basket. For this purpose, try releasing it flat with just a little hyser on the approach; when released in this manner it makes a very reliable quick, flat left turn that buries nicely into the ground. Heavier versions are great in the wind. It also makes a nice roller for shots in the 300-350' range. I am not generally a fan of thumb tracks, but this one is well designed. I only wish they had made a version of this in Z-plastic so I could use it more on the desert courses!