Old 04-13-2009, 09:55 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 137
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDARMY View Post
it's done differently in causal play at my home course.

you either shoot from where it landed and take 1 stroke or re-tee and take two.

(which doesn't make any sense, i know)

i'm sure the first scenario wouldn't float in a tourney, but like i said, it's casual play
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
If it doesn't make sense (which it doesn't), then why do you play that way? Playing from where your disc landed if it didn't meet the mando completely defeats the purpose of the mando, even with a stroke penalty. If you were going to play that way, I would think you should do 2 stroke penalty from where it landed and 1 stroke for the re-tee.
I think the course he is talking about is White Birch in Hazelwood, Mo. Also known as "Hazelweird," mostly due to the strange customs the casuals have developed over the years. Back in the day there was a beat-up old homemade bridge from 9 to 10 at White Birch that had chain-link fence on the side and a subtle curve in it. Swear on my Mothers grave...the casual rule was that when you finished #9 everyone skipped their discs across the bridge and if your disc landed on the #10A tee, you got to take a stroke off your score. I'm dying if I'm lying. I was working there when the bridge was replaced, and you never heard so much bitching...the new bridge was straight and didn't point at the #10A tee anymore. The casuals had a FIT!

Anyway, my point (if I had one) is to never assume rules you learn at White Birch are actual disc golf rules. Chances are, they are not.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 6
nice pic scarp. did you make that?