Disc Golf Center
Old 04-14-2009, 06:48 AM
Banned

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAnhyzer View Post
What exactly IS, the right way to hit an ace? I admit that emptying one's bag at a single hole takes some value away from it but if you're at the tee and you put it in the basket(Causal, league, or tourney play)..............ITS AN ACE !!
i agree it dosnt matter if its a casual round or tourney as long as your throwin one throw holing out then going to the next hole thats a real round and thats an ace. but i cant disagree more about throwing multiple throws thats not an ace. i think maybe only taking one throw but not really while your playing a round would be an ace but with an * but so far ive never heard someone call a non round hole in one an ace or call a real ace a game ace or vice versa. I think the term your looking for is hole in one.

Last edited by Omega SuperSloth; 04-14-2009 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:04 AM
Banned

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by t i m View Post

The exception is when you are playing a course where you are actually trying for the ace -- either because you don't care about birdies -- or because you are throwing a line that allows for an ace run as well as a birdie. I've had a lot of forehand skip aces or forehand spike-hyzer aces where I was planning the skip or spike with a massively overstable disc (usually a firebird or banshee) to allow the disc to come in at an ace-friendly angle. Same is true with backhand spike-hyzers.
thats what always happens to me since all my metal hits have been with a starfire or teebird coming in on a hyzer that will die out with a bounce and not end up to far away since im really just trying not to putt. so far only one ended up not being a birdie cause it skipped off the top .
Old 04-14-2009, 08:06 AM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 315
If you look up the definition of the word "ace" in a general sense...

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Ace

You'll see it mostly defining two things:

1. Some quantitative description of singularity, or specifically the number '1'.
2. Perfection, the best of any possible result.

In order for there to be any probability of '1' or "perfection", there also has to be the (more likely) probability of other numbers '2' '3' '4' '17', and results that are not perfect "birdie" 'par' 'bogey', even if they are good.

When you actually play a hole to completion, you can quantify your progress on that hole. You can't really do that emptying your bag on the teepad, particularly on a hole that is likely to deliver the desired result, i.e. Cubby.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 23
I agree with Captain Anhyzer, if its from tee to basket in one shot its an ace. If it skips off the ground or hits a tree and still makes it in, its still an ace. The only way I wouldn't count it is if I was playing a practice round where I tossed all my midranges and drivers and only one got in.