Old 04-03-2009, 07:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 54
Ok, that was damn funny.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Bogey Member

in your review you forgot to add

The course dress code sucks - sandals and T-shirts are not an option.

Lost every disc in my bag, when my drivers never landed and my putter bounced off the chains and floated right back at me and kept going.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 152
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via MSN to srm_520 Send a message via Yahoo to srm_520
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigd View Post
I would love to hear some reviews for that course. Would it sound something like this?

PROS

Very nice view of Earth along with other things floating around in space. The park is fairly large comparatively speaking and the course is in an area totally devoted to disc golf. I hear the Russians are planning on building a space station on the site near holes 12 and 13 but that has not been confirmed by the PDGA or at least I couldn't find anything to back it up. The course is never crowded so you can really take your time and concentrate without many distractions. Its never windy. For those players who don't like the water throws, this course is perfect. Very clean, I saw very little litter. Great for all skill levels.

CONS
Sort of out of the way, not worth the trip unless you are in the area. Holes can get repetitive as they are all wide open. No benches, trashcans, bathrooms, or water fountians. Natural tee pads were a little distracting. They are very uneven and have this weird mix of powdery sand and lava rock looking stuff. I lost my footing several times. I had a hard time finding the basket for hole number seven. It's in the crater near the big boulder.

OTHER THOUGHTS

While you are you are out in space you can finally answer for yourself the age old question. "If I fart in space, will it propel me"?

You need to add that this course is much better maintain than that crappy course on Venus. Just way to hot, and my lost four discs in the lava beds.

You know - they played ball golf on the moon - why not disc golf right. Can you imagine throwing throwing a disc 3000'? That would add a whole new dimension to the "What is Par?" arguments! Wide open and under 5000' is a par 3, not wait par 4...ahh crap...
Old 04-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 44
3000' at that distance you might need to start investing in another means of transportation to get to the disc besides by foot.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 126
You could throw a mile......or lightyear?