Old 05-01-2009, 03:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 54
I found a disc last year, and I called the guy several times. He was out of state working, but he said he was coming back in town and that we would meet up. I tried calling him several times after that, and left several messages, and I never received a call. I threw the disc for a while, but I never really felt comfortable with it. I called and left several more messages, all with out ever getting a return call.

After 9 months, I gave up, and I put the disc online and traded it off for another disc. I don't feel bad, because the guy never called me back after several attempts to reach him. I feel that I am not a discsitter, so if you don't want it back, I am doing something else with it. I am going to throw it myself, or sell it.

I say if you like the disc, make a note of the make , model and weight. If the guy wants it back, give it to him, and thank him for showing you a new disc that you like. If you never hear from him, just use it.

I would be careful, because if you throw it and loose it, and then he calls you back wanting his disc, what are you going to do? I say put it on the shelf for a while, and then go buy one just like it. If he never calls you, then you have a back up disc for the one that you like.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightbiker View Post
I found a disc last year, and I called the guy several times. He was out of state working, but he said he was coming back in town and that we would meet up. I tried calling him several times after that, and left several messages, and I never received a call. I threw the disc for a while, but I never really felt comfortable with it. I called and left several more messages, all with out ever getting a return call.

After 9 months, I gave up, and I put the disc online and traded it off for another disc. I don't feel bad, because the guy never called me back after several attempts to reach him. I feel that I am not a discsitter, so if you don't want it back, I am doing something else with it. I am going to throw it myself, or sell it.

I say if you like the disc, make a note of the make , model and weight. If the guy wants it back, give it to him, and thank him for showing you a new disc that you like. If you never hear from him, just use it.

I would be careful, because if you throw it and loose it, and then he calls you back wanting his disc, what are you going to do? I say put it on the shelf for a while, and then go buy one just like it. If he never calls you, then you have a back up disc for the one that you like.
I think this some sound advice. I really appreciate all the help.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:15 PM

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 47
I rake the local lakes for discs. My policy it to attempt at least two phone calls to return it to the owner. If that fails, I sell them at tournaments to pay my entry fees. If someone finds one of their discs in my "for sale" box, and can prove their identity, I give it back.

Believe it or not, I once had a guy with the gall to ask me if I would drive across town to his workplace to return his disc. Another time, I was calling out names at a local tournament, trying to return found discs. One guy ran up with a "that's mine!" and literally grabbed the disc from my hand and took off without as much as a "Thank you." Some gratitude!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Sharp View Post
I rake the local lakes for discs. My policy it to attempt at least two phone calls to return it to the owner. If that fails, I sell them at tournaments to pay my entry fees. If someone finds one of their discs in my "for sale" box, and can prove their identity, I give it back.

Believe it or not, I once had a guy with the gall to ask me if I would drive across town to his workplace to return his disc. Another time, I was calling out names at a local tournament, trying to return found discs. One guy ran up with a "that's mine!" and literally grabbed the disc from my hand and took off without as much as a "Thank you." Some gratitude!
How do you "rake" the lakes? I have lost a few in the water and would love to know a good way to get them out.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
I have found and been to return disc's before, and for the most part the players have been very grateful. When I called this guy he was happy to hear that I had found it, but I have been waiting for a return call. I like what Midnight said"I'm not a disc babysitter"

Old 05-01-2009, 04:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Sharp View Post

It cost about $3.50 for an envelope and postage to mail a disc, so next time , tell him to mail you that amount and you will mail him his disc back.

On the other hand, maybe you could have met up at a local course for a round. I found a disc of a guy that lived across town, and we met up and played a good round together.