Old 11-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
I would not go out of my way to play a course with ground targets in fact I may avoid such courses. I like wooded courses and leaves would really cause a problem. I agree with biscoe, "gimmicky like putt putt"
Old 11-18-2010, 09:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 115
Trophy Lakes also has one---the first I ever saw---and it's fun as a change of pace. I wouldn't want to see more than one on a course....or even one on every course.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 437
Throwing Style: LHFH
I wish you could just attach pics as I would draw up the different configes i'm thinking of and scan it in. for me the interesting part is how it would change your approach game as you can now aim for the bottom of the pin and you would be more likely to try and lay up into the GT then throw at it and risk the blow by putt.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 108
Here's the only one I've played. Trophy Lakes, hole 13

Old 11-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottafixit View Post
I wish you could just attach pics as I would draw up the different configes i'm thinking of and scan it in. for me the interesting part is how it would change your approach game as you can now aim for the bottom of the pin and you would be more likely to try and lay up into the GT then throw at it and risk the blow by putt.
Go nuts, but from the sounds of it no one is interested. If I wanted to put an object in a target in the ground I would play bolf

I don't really understand why you would want to take the very fundamental of DG (flying discs) and turn it into shuffleboard
Old 11-18-2010, 12:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 108
For what it's worth, it just ain't that cool. It doesn't do anything to change the way you play the hole, when compared to a "normal" basket. I'm sure it's more work to maintain, and (very minor gripe) it sucks having to reach down and get your disc out of a hole. It's a silly gimmick that doesn't actually accomplish anything in regards to play.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 26.2
Courses Played: 706
When I back handed rolled a lot more than I do now, I always thought it would be cool to have a basket with a ramp to roll up and in; for roller aces. I was younger and full of "great" ideas then. Idea is gimmicky and doesn't really serve a purpose IMHO. I am also wondering on the life of the basket buried in the ground?
Old 11-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
Trophy Lakes also has one---the first I ever saw---and it's fun as a change of pace. I wouldn't want to see more than one on a course....or even one on every course.
I agree with this ^ It would be nice on a hole that is geared for a roller. A little gimicky but 1 on a course would be kinda cool.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 437
Throwing Style: LHFH
One day when I have my own "Private" Course i'll play with it as I think thats the only way to see how much of a difference it makes. Thanks for the input. Not surprised but kinda dissapointed that more don't think something like this is could be cool.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 26.2
Courses Played: 706
I can also say, as an old time object golf player; that object play often leads to hitting the object at the base; because this is the easiest way to hit the target; and allows the ground to help you. i.e. you can land a few feet away at the base and still skip into the target. Ground baskets are the same and take a large degree of skill away from the putting aspect.