Old 11-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoray View Post
It helps when you have friends to [I]influence[I]your search. Too bad you didn't have someone to tell you to look in your bag.
Sonoray is a fhunny ghuy...

You and I both were there, and under the influence...
Old 11-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 10
I've been looking around, but I still have some questions...

1) How big is the difference between the S and M? I want one that is somewhat soft but not floppy- gonna use it for putting and maybe short approaches...

2) I've heard these dye well, but which would be better (S/M)?

3)If I get one with a stamp will it still be ok to dye or is there residue issues with the Ion plastic? I'm gonna buy one and have it dyed by one of the people here most likely- no dye/stamp removal experience

aj
Old 11-26-2010, 12:02 AM
.:MVP Company Rep:.

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightAJ View Post
I've been looking around, but I still have some questions...

1) How big is the difference between the S and M? I want one that is somewhat soft but not floppy- gonna use it for putting and maybe short approaches...

2) I've heard these dye well, but which would be better (S/M)?

3)If I get one with a stamp will it still be ok to dye or is there residue issues with the Ion plastic? I'm gonna buy one and have it dyed by one of the people here most likely- no dye/stamp removal experience
1) There is quite a difference in S and M. The Soft Proton plastic is quite flexible and you can fold it in half with only a little effort. Our Medium Proton plastic is more rigid in the hand but can be flexed if applied enough pressure. I would guess that you would prefer the M over the S from what you describe.

2) Both S and M proton plastics dye extremely well. Both are great and I dont think one is significantly better than the other in terms of dying.

3) Im fairly sure you can dye over the stamp with no hassles if you wanted the stamp along with the dye. Ive never removed any of the stamps before, but we do sell a limited number of blanks to retailers if they prefer blanks for dyeing/looks etc. So if you wanted a blank one, check with the retailer if they have any blanks.

Hope this helps answer your questions, if I missed something or another feel free to ask

EDIT: After reading your question on 1), and what you are looking for, Im now thinking perhaps Soft. Its all in your preference tho

~Chad

Last edited by cmrichar; 11-26-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:06 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
A medium Ion is close to Aviar hardness. Like a normal disc. A soft Ion is in between that and a SuperSoft.

I have one of each.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 32.5
Courses Played: 24
All the pics I see of Ions have a black outer ring, but I swear I saw one that was all white, with both a white flight plate and a white outer ring.
Was I seeing things ?
Are there Ions out there with outside rings that match the flight plate ?
Besides all black ones, of course.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain jack View Post
All the pics I see of Ions have a black outer ring, but I swear I saw one that was all white, with both a white flight plate and a white outer ring.
Was I seeing things ?
Are there Ions out there with outside rings that match the flight plate ?
Besides all black ones, of course.
Hmmmmm... Well, interesting you say that. There are... if I remember correctly no more than 3-4 that have a milkywhite overmold, and milkywhite core. They were one of the very first ever proto Ions we made. Not sure if you did see one of those, however it does fit your description. Its possible you may have seen one of those floating around. Curious if you remember maybe where you seen them?

~Chad
Old 11-26-2010, 12:41 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 10
Thanx for the help guys! Is the stamped Ion hotstamped btw (would it leave a ghost image if taken off)? I ask because DGC has some white Ions that are stamped but none blank.. I need a white one

aj
Old 11-26-2010, 12:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 32.5
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrichar View Post
Hmmmmm... Well, interesting you say that. There are... if I remember correctly no more than 3-4 that have a milkywhite overmold, and milkywhite core. They were one of the very first ever proto Ions we made. Not sure if you did see one of those, however it does fit your description. Its possible you may have seen one of those floating around. Curious if you remember maybe where you seen them?

~Chad
Yes, I remember where I saw it.
I thought it was going to be a common item, so I didnt think much of it at the time, but it's been bugging me lately, because everything I see has the black band.
Why not color matched ? Red/red, green/green and such ?
Old 11-26-2010, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightAJ View Post
Thanx for the help guys! Is the stamped Ion hotstamped btw (would it leave a ghost image if taken off)? I ask because DGC has some white Ions that are stamped but none blank.. I need a white one
Yep, the stamp is a typical hotstamp standard to any other hotstamps. So yes, if you remove them there will be a faint ghost image (however Ive never tried on any Ions).

~Chad

Old 11-26-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain jack View Post
Yes, I remember where I saw it.
I thought it was going to be a common item, so I didnt think much of it at the time, but it's been bugging me lately, because everything I see has the black band.
Why not color matched ? Red/red, green/green and such ?
We have personally chosen to keep the overmold black as a standard color/rubber. However there are other ideas we are working up that may be pretty fun

~Chad