Old 12-20-2010, 11:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
Do you know what the plastic's gonna be like? Soft? Medium? Firm? I'm assuming it will be the same types of plastic they're using for the Ion. I'm hoping they'll stay away from the softer stuff.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom8658 View Post

I can't see it gliding better than a Fuse, though, the Fuse is a 21.9cm, plus the Swedes mix magic into their plastic blends.
Yeah, but the Vector is going to have all the weight distributed to the outside of the disc...I'm imagining that this is going to have a great effect on the glide.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 15
Yeah, Im hoping for a glidier Buzzz/Core or just a longer, faster Ion would be nice.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinjack View Post
Do you know what the plastic's gonna be like? Soft? Medium? Firm? I'm assuming it will be the same types of plastic they're using for the Ion. I'm hoping they'll stay away from the softer stuff.
When I talked to Chad last summer I think I remember us both agreeing that we preferred stiffer mids...In general people don't tend to value soft mids like they do putters. That said, I bet they will make both soft and mediums. A soft could be money in the woods if they kick as little as the soft Ions, and I've thrown gummy QMSs, Rocs, Spiders, and Sharks that were nice. I hope the first runs are mediums though.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 31
I'm just hoping that is something that allows me to still carry my Buzzz and Fuse w/o feeling like redundant while carrying a Vector.

Seeing as MVP has gotten a lot better with their QA since their very first runs, I hope that they keep that up upon release of the Vector. I am going to buy a first run Vector regardless, however, I would just prefer that the first run I buy be as good as the later runs. I don't throw my early Ions as much due to the fact that later runs molded up better.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
When I talked to Chad last summer I think I remember us both agreeing that we preferred stiffer mids...In general people don't tend to value soft mids like they do putters. That said, I bet they will make both soft and mediums. A soft could be money in the woods if they kick as little as the soft Ions, and I've thrown gummy QMSs, Rocs, Spiders, and Sharks that were nice. I hope the first runs are mediums though.
That's good to hear about the mediums. I can't wait to try one out.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 31
I agree that a gummy soft proton plastic would be awesome for wooded drives. My soft Ions definitely tend to die on tree hits instead of bouncing off into the shule.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Yeah, but the Vector is going to have all the weight distributed to the outside of the disc...I'm imagining that this is going to have a great effect on the glide.
I'll believe it when I see it.

And I will see it, one way or another, because I'm going to buy at least two of these when the first production run hits Marshall St.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddly Hobbins View Post
I'm just hoping that is something that allows me to still carry my Buzzz and Fuse w/o feeling like redundant while carrying a Vector.

Seeing as MVP has gotten a lot better with their QA since their very first runs, I hope that they keep that up upon release of the Vector. I am going to buy a first run Vector regardless, however, I would just prefer that the first run I buy be as good as the later runs. I don't throw my early Ions as much due to the fact that later runs molded up better.
I remember talking to Chad about a mid and we both thought at the time that something that started out a tick more stable than a Z Buzzz (more or less like the more overstable Z Buzzzes) would be ideal. We both thought that it should pretty much be like a longer Ion with more wind resistance.

Once again, these are just things Chad and I talked casually about last summer. He hasn't spoken to me yet about any of the specifics of the development of the Vector.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 39
I hope we can get some info on the flight ratings soon.

A neutral to under stable super glide disc would be great.