Old 11-19-2007, 05:45 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 210
Throwing Style: RHBH
Thumbs up Course Directory: Complete

Well, I just wanted to let you guys know that DGCR now has a full directory of courses. 2486 total as of this moment, 99.9% with accurate latitude/longitude and a lot of the courses have pictures, maps and scorecards. It was a lot of work but I felt the need to confirm and collect all the information possible for each course, track down the courses on a map for proper location info, etc. Seems I had a lot of time on my hands But the result is the most complete disc golf database online.

You'll notice the count is less than that of the PDGA directory.. I excluded any courses that said "call for directions" as I felt that defeated the purpose of this site. There were also a few duplicates on the PDGA site that bumps up the number of courses.

So.. now that I finally finished that insane project, it's time to get back to site improvements. The work never ends
Old 11-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 20.9
Courses Played: 134
wow. nice work. great site.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:49 PM
*Administrator*

Thanks.. nice course
Old 11-19-2007, 09:13 PM

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 16
Send a message via AIM to bfaslewis
Tim, great site! Since finding your site, I have been using it opposed to the PDGA link. The PDGA had a course listed that hadn't existed for two years, I drove about a forty-five minutes out of my way once to play somewhere that is now a bed and breakfast.

I was at Joe D yesterday and saw one of your flyer's. I myself have been recommending it to anyone interested in disc golf. Thanks for compiling all this great and useful information.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:31 PM
*Administrator*

I put that one up at Joe D, glad to hear it's still there! I usually make it out to Buffalo a few times a year in the warmer months to play all the courses up there.

As for the non-existent course, that could happen with any course directory. The difference here is that members can update the courses and see the changes reflected right away (which is good and bad but the edge goes to good IMO). So while one guy might make an unnecessary trip at least he can prevent others from doing the same and I try to stay on top of any course removals, etc.

Thanks for the compliments and for recommending the site. As more people get here and review courses the site will just become more and more useful. My DG road trip next summer is going to be MUCH easier to organize!

Also, as always, if you have any suggestions for stuff you'd like to see on here feel free to post or send an email my way. I'm always looking to improve the site.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 49
Well done, Tim! Thank you for everything. This site actually has some new courses listed that the PDGA site has yet to take note of. I also know that some of the courses that are now on the PDGA site were listed here first.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 34.9
Courses Played: 294
Astounded

I'm astounded that you've entered the info for almost 2500 courses!! That's unbelievable! Thanks for the hard work and the resource you provide. Great job!!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:08 AM
*Administrator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe View Post
I'm astounded that you've entered the info for almost 2500 courses!! That's unbelievable! Thanks for the hard work and the resource you provide. Great job!!
I'm a glutton for punishment and thank you!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:58 AM

its your hard work and dedication that is the reason i play this sport. there should be more like you tim

Old 12-03-2007, 11:36 AM
*Administrator*

Thanks dj

Hopefully the site is making it easier for you to find good courses to play (or just find courses in general!).