Old 01-24-2011, 09:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 83
Garrett, league starts in March. March 19th at Rosland Park to be exact. It is a preseason and player's meeting, but I would like everyone there who is going to play or is considering playing this year to show. I would like to see money as well but it will not be mandatory until the April event.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
There we go! You guys won't be disappointed. I'm a real cheap date and I put out.
If that is the case, I can throw in 5 dollars as well.

If, IF, you are planning on playing in the marathon overnight round, you have to attend a winter camping survival seminar tonight. It is free and it is recommended people attend even if they are unsure whether they are going to play in the overnight marathon or not. If you do not go to this class (6:30-9:30pm, Monday, Jan 24th), then for sure you cannot play overnight.

The seven day forecast is predicting that night to be a decent night for winter. Obviously things change and you cannot trust the forecast more than two days out, but I am hopefuly considering the weather we have been having the last week. Last year's weather was fantastic so I am hoping for a repeat.

I tee off at noon on Saturday since it is a flex start, finish around 3pm, heading to a local restaraunt to warm up and tape lights to my night discs, tee off for the marathon around 6pm (unless Char wants us there earlier), play until I drop, and then tee off for the Sunday round at 9am.

While it may make it slow going, I love playing in bigger groups. Obviously having more spotters and those who can kick up snow where they think a disc landed definitely helps, but I find the company of a lot of people who know how to have a good time essential for having fun.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
Garrett, league starts in March. March 19th at Rosland Park to be exact. It is a preseason and player's meeting, but I would like everyone there who is going to play or is considering playing this year to show. I would like to see money as well but it will not be mandatory until the April event.

Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem.

I'll talk to Alfs about it next time I see him as well.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 141
I'm in!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
I would love to join you guys with this but im working that day (feb 5th) so i can take sunday off to watch my Pack play in the SuperBowl. If the date changes tho someone should let me know.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
Wow, there seems to be a lot of interest here. Let's all meet up this summer, hit BRP on a busy day, and clog it up even more with a 20 man group :P

Any city players interested in meeting halfway this summer at St. Cloud? There are a couple solid courses there.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 1128
I'll definitely do St. Cloud at least a few times this year, I love several of the courses around that area, and my grandmother loves it when I visit.

We'll keep this thread as our headquarters and plan meetups at BRP, St. Cloud, Cities area courses, and if anybody wants to come to southern MN, I'll show you around some awesome courses down this way.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

What courses have you played in Cloud? What's your fave? I love Riverside, if you're feeling daring Millstream is just plain sick.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 1128
I really like Hidden Lake, though I wish it would be better kept, maintain the fairways pour some concrete tees, but I love the layout. It's a tossup between Millstream and Riverside, I really like 'em both, I played the Northstar throwdown at those two last summer, the tourney layout was sick at both of them. Then not too far east of cloud is Clearwater, sportsmans hill, a short technical challenge that I could play every day and not get bored with it. Then, not too far beyond that is Becker, I love that course too. I've also played a handful of the others, Calvary was fun, crowded, and didn't excite me too much. Northside and River's Edge were decent.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Calgary seems to be a newbie hang out. I want to play Becker, there's a course in Rice if I'm not mistaken, have you played it?