Old 01-30-2011, 05:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH

if i would have seen this epic foot fault, i would have pulled out my pistol.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 12
it's all good though, i'm pretty sure i only made one putt outside of 30' that day.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 17

Can we stop talking about the whiny dude and get back to MVP's fine products, blanks of which can be obtained at many fine internet retailers?
Old 01-30-2011, 08:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 8
The ass holes are the best part of DGCR forums. They make it spicy.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 90
Now now, too much spicy gives us all heartburn.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
Vector is over, neutral, or under stable?

The Vector will be between neutral and overstable. Chad has told me a little regarding his testing (in sub zero snowy conditions) and it sounds more like a Wasp or Roc in stabilty when new than a Buzzz. So it's a disc that is a straight flyer with a stable finish rather than a really overstable mid like a Drone or Gator.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
The Vector will be between neutral and overstable. Chad has told me a little regarding his testing (in sub zero snowy conditions) and it sounds more like a Wasp or Roc in stabilty when new than a Buzzz. So it's a disc that is a straight flyer with a stable finish rather than a really overstable mid like a Drone or Gator.
Every time I hear something new about the Vector I want it less and less...

Hopefully it'll beat into neutral.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubuttib View Post

Same, I seems like it will be some kind of Premium Roc and if thats the case, I'll stick to rocs. Although if it is like a roc with its bead I would be interested to see what it is like without its bead...
Old 01-31-2011, 09:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post
Same, I seems like it will be some kind of Premium Roc and if thats the case, I'll stick to rocs. Although if it is like a roc with its bead I would be interested to see what it is like without its bead...
I don't think it is going to fly any more like a Roc in premium than an Ion flies like a premium Wizard/Voodoo. The overmold/gyro technology is going to influence flight as much or more than the profile of the disc.

Disc making is an art...No one really KNOWS how a concept will work and exactly what specific flight characteristics will result. No matter how carefully you design there is always trial and error. I think putting a big bead on the Vector and going the more stable route is a way for MVP to take more sure control of how the disc will end up flying. MVP did not want to make a specialty disc here to fill a small niche in some peoples' bags...They wanted to make a workhorse mid, so ending up shooting for neutral and having the disc possibly come out slightly understable (like some proto Ions have) would compromise the potential versatility of the mold. Another reason to add a little overstability is to make sure it would not end up overlapping with the Ion too much. Most Ion users throw them for short midrange shots, so the possibility for overlap was definitely a real concern. MVP realizes that Ion owners will probably be the first ones using the Vector, so they wanted to make sure it was something useful for them first and foremost.

Chad has also assured me that if the Vector comes out more overstable than many people want, MVP will be able to easily tweak the mold and add a non-bead/small bead more neutral flyer to their lineup.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I don't have one yet, but I'm already beating it in mentally.

The overstability/bead does not scare me. Honestly, if there was one thing I am missing in my otherwise complete Ion lineup is one that behaves more overstable for wind/holding tighter hyzers. I would LOVE a big bead Ion.

I've gone on and on before about hating beads, but the Ion showed me that it wasn't really beads I had a problem with, it was the extra couple of mms of depth that it tends to add to discs. Most Wizards, big bead Aviars, and Rocs are too deep and have too tall of a rim to fit into my hand comfortably (I have slender fingers and a somewhat unconventional grip). Anyone who has thrown an Ion can tell you that although the spec measurements place it's height among those other big beaded discs I mentioned, in the hand it feels much shallower due to the overmold. I anticipate the Vector to be similar. That picture and the specs show it as a fairly high profile disc, but it won't feel that deep in the hand due to the overmold.
Closed Thread