Disc Golf Store
Old 02-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcplease View Post
or just keep making lots of Ions and sopnsor people to use your putters.
Speaking of which, when I go pro....
Just sayin', they make one of the best driving putters ever conceived. So why not make a driving driver...
Old 02-10-2011, 01:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrichar View Post
These are very good questions. We have spent a lot of time, research, and development in designing our GYRO™ technology. Consequently this information is classified. This information is too revealing, as we want to protect our concept.
HA! great response. As soon as I saw the TM I figured what was coming (you don't do graphic design for a living and know the silly ins and outs of TM and circle R's). And you delivered, but I'm sure it wouldn't be a difficult thing to figure out. Right idea johnson, do you have an ion you would like to contribute to the experiment? All the one's I have get used

(NOTE: I only have one and its my fiance's)
Old 02-10-2011, 02:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
Just sayin', they make one of the best driving putters ever conceived. So why not make a driving driver...
It's an interesting idea. I like it.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
Thank you.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
So what if...

You had a driver made of a light weight plastic, and on the very outside you used a super heavyweight plastic. Kinda the same idea of the ion, but it wouldn't be a big rubber ring.

I had the idea in my head before the birth of the Ion, the weight of the aerobie ring is all the way to the outside. MVP, make the worlds farthest flying disc golf driver and you will rule the sport.
The thing about the aerobie ring isn't just the weight distribution. It also has to do with where you generate your lift. The ring generates it on the inside edge rather than the outside in order to keep the center of pressure closer to the middle of the disc.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:55 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 31
Quote:
or a putting driver.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbot View Post
or a putting driver.
I met a guy who uses a boss to putt. Told me he shot a -23 on a course where -11 are the good players personal bests... and the best round anyone I know has ever seen on it was a -16. All the dude had was a boss... I pretty much called him a liar to his face...

now if it was an MVP putting driver I might have believed him sometimes mids and drivers make a good choice for putting.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:18 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post
I met a guy who uses a boss to putt. Told me he shot a -23 on a course where -11 are the good players personal bests... and the best round anyone I know has ever seen on it was a -16. All the dude had was a boss... I pretty much called him a liar to his face...

now if it was an MVP putting driver I might have believed him sometimes mids and drivers make a good choice for putting.
Are you just perpetuating DGR stereotypes of DGCR right now?
Old 02-10-2011, 02:53 PM
* Ace Member *

huh? nah, I'm just perpetuating the idea that this dude was a knob for lying. I'm really not sure what the DGR crew thinks of me. As a matter of fact I don't know what the DGCR crew thinks of me and frankly. I don't care what either thinks, I just chill out on both site.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtencer View Post
The thing about the aerobie ring isn't just the weight distribution. It also has to do with where you generate your lift. The ring generates it on the inside edge rather than the outside in order to keep the center of pressure closer to the middle of the disc.
And pretty much the most important thing is how thin the thing is compared to any disc. It cuts the air with ridiculous ease compared to any disc on the market.
Closed Thread