Disc Golf Center
Old 01-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Glow Ion would be sweet, that might just replace every disc I own.

Any word on when we can purchase the Vector?

Or, if possible, sell our souls in exchange for testing priveleges? The Texan landscape/fauna is very unforgiving
Old 02-20-2011, 03:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
Just ordered my Vector from Sunking Discs.

Unfortunately, I have to wait until March 2nd until they're even shipped out to me.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:32 PM
* Ace Member *

MVP has been kind enough to send me a couple of advance Vectors to test for you guys prior to their release in a week. Thanks MVP!!!

Ok, I'm going to try and give a cohesive review after my first day with the Vector. This disc grooved with me as quick or quicker than any new disc I've tested...including the Ion. I had some ridiculous shots with it today and parked some holes I've never reached with a mid before.

Physically this disc is very interesting. I received 2 Vectors, both weighing 177 (my OCD midrange weight of choice). One is dayglo green and the other is a dayglo red/orange/pink color. The plastic looks AMAZING. More or less identical to Opto plastic as far as I can tell. The overmold is the same black rubbery feeling plastic as on the Ions. The tops have a very smooth, gradual, and shallow dome that is perfectly formed on both my discs. The bead is so smooth that I can't even tell it's there with the disc locked in my power grip. MVP used a new molding process that placed the parting line that is usually on the bottom of the bead/disc up below the overmold so the bottom of the disc is completely smooth with no sanding or breaking in required. There are embossed logos (MVP, VECTOR, GYRO, and PDGA) spaced out on the bottom of the wing on the overmold that are interesting...They are very small...maybe 1/64". It looks pretty cool. The stamp also looks great (thanks to ZM!!). In the hand it feels very close to a Buzzz or Fuse as the inner wall is a bit shorter than a Roc (this surprised me as the pictures and specs looked closer to the Roc). Everything is smooth and comfortable with no raised lettering or textured areas on the underside of the disc.

The Vector is on the fast side for a mid. Out of the hand it is about Buzzz/Core/Mako speed, but due to it's greater gyroscopics, it holds it's speed longer. The gyroscopics give it awesome glide as well, without sacrificing wind resistance. It glides like an Ion(if you've thrown them for anything longer than putts you know what I'm talking about)...Just give it a little snap and watch it go. It has a zero in HSS as far as I can tell from my arm and a 10mph headwind. It will be interesting to see how it holds up for the biggest arms on here. Despite it's HSS, it can fly on a forward dominant line riding hyzer the whole way...I had several 250'-280' shots that I thought would fail because I didn't throw it flat/turned over enough, only to see them fly pretty straight with a hyzer lean and end up in the circle. The Vector pushes the performance limits of a midrange with it's glide and speed...Without good LSS, it would be a disc with a limited appeal as it would be very difficult to range (like a high powered sports car without enough downforce). Luckily, the LSS of the Vector is just enough to keep it totally predictable and controllable. Whatever line and angle I put the Vector on one thing was constant...It always faded. The fade reminds me of only one disc...The Rancho Roc. Unless really powered, the fade usually starts to happen at about 60% of the way through the flight. However, it is very gradual and forward dominant, so it keeps you on the fairway. Shots released hyzer got decent forward penetration while staying true on their line of release. Mid and high powered anhyzer releases always flexed out unless thrown really low.

I can see many possible uses for the Vector. In a multiple mid setup it could definitely occupy the moderately overstable slot and prove versatile enough to get a lot of tee shots. Only time will tell how the Vector will break in, but it's starting at a great point for a minimalistic setup. Personally I'm sidelining my Buzzz for a while to learn the Vector, and it seems to pair seamlessly with my Fuse.

I will mince no words, I think the Vector is going to be a revolution. This disc has MASS appeal and is truly unlike anything else I've thrown. The combination of feel, gyroscopic flight, and HSS/LSS make this a mid a technological pinnacle.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 24
Send a message via AIM to Animage
God damn it discspeed. Type something up that doesn't make me punch the wall knowing these aren't available yet.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
. Personally I'm sidelining my Buzzz for a while to learn the Vector, and it seems to pair seamlessly with my Fuse.
And now I have to change my pants, thanks Discspeed.

Great writeup as always, you da man!

You say it looks like Opto, is it as firm as Opto?
Old 02-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 24
Send a message via AIM to Animage
I'll say it here so I can't go back on it. If the Vector covers the spot I need in the bag (fresh KC Pro Roc but doesnt leave that fresh state), I'll switch to Ions as well.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
And now I have to change my pants, thanks Discspeed.

Great writeup as always, you da man!

You say it looks like Opto, is it as firm as Opto?
I find Opto to be fairly variable. It is like medium Opto...Not as stiff as the stiffest or as soft as the softest..
Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 34
and im excited, just got my first ion and I can't stop fondling it... creepy yea
Old 02-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 34
andddd just ordered one from sunking discs

Old 02-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.7
I am trying to wrap my head around the firmness of the plastic. From the lat 64 stuff I have thrown I would compare the firmness on average to be similar to the new Z plastic run (maybe a tad firmer). I hope this is correct and it does sound like a nifty disc. I will be trying one of these discs.

CHEERS - Koffee