Old 06-30-2009, 04:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbuzz9 View Post
i think a lot of sore arms from FH probably are conditioning issues.
My FH problem is that when i throw flat sidearm as hard as i can using my legs/body etc i'll turn over any disc (Xcals/Flicks/Forces). Obviously to combat this i need to release the disc with a hyzer angle. However it's very awkward to get your legs into the throw if your arm is below 3 or 9 o'clock (depending on R or LH) if you have a normal runup. i'm Left handed so i think i need to create some type of "runup" where my left arm and shoulder are angled downward and i'm still able to use my legs in the throw.
How much distance do you get off of that? I've never turned over any of those due to not having any but I can almost turn over a destroyer(like XCal) and it goes 400 ft avg when I'm hitting the turnover point. From what you are saying that tells me you are putting too much arm and not enough snap into it, the speed of the disc upon release is greater than the spin on the disc can handle, so it flips.

as for sidewinder I cant' watch that now but I will later and get back to you/give feedback.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by CwAlbino View Post
t i m I think we just wrote a novel together. lol. We even both used arsenal
Well done. I'm always glad to see someone else who (at times) elaborates a step above the message board norm. I'm a firm believer in context -- providing context for what I say -- especially in forums where my people are abstract avatars.

As for your post... they haven't outlawed Epics. If an epic-like disc were submitted now, it would not be approved under the new guidelines, but they were grandfathered in when the PDGA changed some of its guidelines... so keep thumbing that Epic.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
This is me driving. The first 3:15 are all backhands, after that is forehand drives.

http://www.youtube.com/user/seabas22.../0/tpc6DcPQptg
Your form looks good. The first throw looks like you were tilting your lead shoulder up a little too much but all the others looked flat. Only critique I would have is that it looks like you are not getting enough torque out of your upper body/core. You are getting good reach back with your X-step but not turning all that much. Your FH looks good.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 106
Thanks Neo, I'm having trouble getting my hips to lead my BH. I've modified my a few things on BH since that video, but Im still working on it.

I put up the link so people could see my FH. The slow motion really shows my hips leading my FH throw.

Did you play the Iron Hill Challenge? I was going to play, but hit the snooze too many times. DOH!

Old 06-30-2009, 08:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
I watched the vid and after going out on the course to compare my form, the only thing I can come up with is follow through. You seem to plant your front foot and don't let it pivot, but instead use your other leg to stop your body from rotating with the disc. You are leading well, but you are stopping your potential by not following through. I end up pivoting on my left leg and my back leg will often end up right next to it when I finish, standing with my shoulders square to the basket.

It's slightly different than what I said before, but I was in an office and couldn't see myself throwing