Old 05-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 25
Don't know where this rates, but a few years ago in Sun. H-cap at Wickham Park in Melbourne Fla. my card approached t-pad for hole #10, our third hole for the round. We see a guy with what looks like two plastic bags down the fairway. The area he was in is the main landing area from the pad.We first thought casual player. We were 5 deep on the card so decided let him throw and move on. Well he keeps going over to the bags and grabbing things out of them and setting them on the ground,none of them discs, so we realize he is not golfing and we holler down that we are going to be throwing. He waits for first to throw, then goes back to the bags and keeps pulling and placing. This happens for each player on the card. We get down the fairway and he is still at it. As we get down to our discs, we see colored eggs all over. He was setting up an Easter egg hunt for kids. We explained what we were doing and directed him to a safer place across the road. He was cool about it and thankful we informed him the kids would be in danger. First, last,and only Easter Egg hunt I have ever played through. No children were hit, since he was just getting started thankfully.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2011, 09:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
I have played through two easter egg hunts... one at Reed Canal in Daytona before it started and the same weekend at Ronnie Van Zant Memorial in Green Cove Springs while it was going on.

The second was trickier... we explained what was going on to the adults and that we would be throwing right through their hunt in five minutes. Five minutes go by, we step up to the tee... and they let the kids loose.

People just don't give a damn about disc golf courses. And that is why I don't disc golf on most holiday weekends anymore.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 163
I once saw a dog leash on a hole at a tournament that I played recently. I said, "Someone's missinga dog leash." Then another guy on the card was real quick to say, "Someone's missing a dog!"

It was funny when it happened.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 56
Send a message via ICQ to woodstock Send a message via Yahoo to woodstock Send a message via Skype™ to woodstock
Rocklin DGC Northern CA My Buddie and I were coming down the fairway for our second shot and we saw this owl sitting in this tree only 10' off the ground. We approached slowly to get a closer look and got about 20' away when he finally took off. The owl was huge, He was at least 18 inches tall perched on the log and had a huge wing span. So the owl is struggling to get airborne and is about 75' away and this eagle came out of nowhere and tagged it. They did somersaults in the air all the way to the ground. The eagle pulled out of it while the owl crashed to the ground screeching and going around in circles. It happened so fast me and my bud just stood there and said, Did that just happen, It was like something out of National Geographic. We called every bird rescue we could find. Dont know if someone came out and helped it. It wasnt there the next day.

Last edited by woodstock; 05-31-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:06 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 29
AWSOME!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 12:15 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 29
Once I saw a hawk sitting on a wire with a snake he had apparently killed strung over the wire right next to him. Next thing you know a second hawk pops up and steals the snake from the first one.
Needless to say but the fight was on. It was a dang good show.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:25 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 91
I WITNESSED A POLICE CHASE THAT RAN THROUGH THE PARK, as a few escapees in a large SUV hopped the curb of S Harris Dr (directly in front of me doing pre-round stretches), and blazed across the entire park, aimed for the children's park in the corner, exiting onto E Hilton Ave. I was not the only witness to this, either. They obviously knew the park well enough to slalom all the obstacles @ 40-50mph.

It was insane! I did not know it was a chase until about a minute or so after the hooligans came through, a squad car came creeping by. At first I just thought the SUV was some ******* cutting through the park!
Old 06-01-2011, 01:43 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrnmbrsup View Post
Rocklin DGC Northern CA My Buddie and I were coming down the fairway for our second shot and we saw this owl sitting in this tree only 10' off the ground. We approached slowly to get a closer look and got about 20' away when he finally took off. The owl was huge, He was at least 18 inches tall perched on the log and had a huge wing span. So the owl is struggling to get airborne and is about 75' away and this eagle came out of nowhere and tagged it. They did somersaults in the air all the way to the ground. The eagle pulled out of it while the owl crashed to the ground screeching and going around in circles. It happened so fast me and my bud just stood there and said, Did that just happen, It was like something out of National Geographic. We called every bird rescue we could find. Dont know if someone came out and helped it. It wasnt there the next day.

doesn't get any cooler than this
Old 06-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 31
not funny or cool, kinda lame actually. have more than this but feel like venting it. Got ROBBED on a one foot putt today, in the chains and a 25+mph wind gust took it right outta the chains!!!

Old 06-01-2011, 04:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 7
The cop story reminded me of when a cop, I believe in a newer charger squad car just seemed to decide to take a stroll in it through a park near my friend's old apartment. There was a paved path which just barely fit it, but we found it rather odd still that they just went up on it and drove through...we also contemplated(out loud) on if we were to hit the car with our drives. We were out with my buddy's portable pin playing to trees and back. Which also reminds me that park actually could be turned into a decent course, we made up some pretty fun holes on it though they did consist of the same area used over multiple times.