Old 06-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Also, I have thrown the Esp's an find they're more along the lines of a TP but start more stable in every area and takes a lot longer to beat into really super straight. Not sure why no one uses the X, they probably use the Z mold on the X and make it poop. But, X plastic always gets no mention or hated by noobs cause it's not indestructable.

As you see I'm thrwoing the Gazelle, and my problem is this. Cyclones are just farther than a Roc, Gazelles are just shorter than a Solf, both two different lines and types of throw. When my form is on I suffer in the middle ground. But, when my form is off as it is now(I promise it's way off) it's just a big mess anyways. Lol
Old 06-15-2011, 02:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
Interesting... so a few things lith.

1) Glad you're back
2) What about the neutral putter thing? Are you trying to say I have to have a putter in various stages of wear for stability? If so I am a-okay with that. I am loving the challenger so far.
3) Is the Gazelle better for correcting form?
4) I end up using the comet as my approach disc a lot. I do use my putter for approaches but I just have so much control with a comet. I was thinking about adding a Buzzz to be in place of my comet for mid range drives.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post
Interesting... so a few things lith.

1) Glad you're backBeen back for a little while, using my Phone as my main source of Internet.
2) What about the neutral putter thing? Are you trying to say I have to have a putter in various stages of wear for stability? If so I am a-okay with that. I am loving the challenger so far.Just wondering if you've tried a neutral type putter like the Warlock or Dart, preferably a few in different stages of wear. New they can hold any line driving, approaching. Beat up they'll go straight forever. Beat silly they'll fly really straight for a long timethen finally start to turn right and never look back. Something Wizards, Aviars, Challengers just don't do. They all start turning pretty fast.
3) Is the Gazelle better for correcting form?Dx yes, anything else yeah but certain runs will hide issues. Better than a Tp Cyclone for fixing form, no. Any other Cyclone it's sort ofthe same as the Gazelle. They both require a different throw, to get different results. Personally for fixing form I'd use a Cyclone after putters and Rocs.
4) I end up using the comet as my approach disc a lot. I do use my putter for approaches but I just have so much control with a comet. I was thinking about adding a Buzzz to be in place of my comet for mid range drives.
I think this mostly depends on range, and how far you throw vs the type of shot you need. I prefer approaching almost always with a putter, I carry about 3-4 different putters, but the same mold. Some people can't stand still throw putters over 200', I would. Honestly unless it's about 300 with a certain line, I might use a Roc for that approach. My Rocs are mostly used for drives. Everything else is a putter almost. Even the putter see's more flight time than my Drivers.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 99
Throwing Style: RHBH
You really think Warlocks are neutral like Darts? I've got a SS and a SSS that are both easily beefier than your standard Aviar. Unless you mean BB Aviar.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:49 AM
* Ace Member *

thats all good. tells me my set up is fine for what i want to do.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
You really think Warlocks are neutral like Darts? I've got a SS and a SSS that are both easily beefier than your standard Aviar. Unless you mean BB Aviar.
First off, yess this thread is a few days old. I forgot to check it. But, gives me something worthwhile to talk about.
To answer about the Warlock, I believe their quit a bit more Hss than an Aviar, but less Lss. Much like the Dart, most say it's flippier than the Aviar, but it requires a clean throw to achieve great distance and accuracy. Since the Dart is less Lss it makes a great straight flier fromthe start. Blake and I had a long conversation about the top 10 putters overall. Warlocks were I'm almost positive in the too five. But, he of course rated the Wizard in the top 3. But, hilariously at the time he was having a battle within himself as to wether or not the Warlock was better for him. I personally would throw the Warlock over the Wizard if I went back go Gateway. While I don't exactly like the way the Warlock feels I could get over it. I honestly like the way the Dart feels, it's. Thinner disc, and a much faster disc than the Warlock. But stabilty wise I feel they're very close to each other. (side not: If I could find anyone to throw me some SS's and some SSS's that were in various stages of wear. I'd probably drop the Dart again.)

I still havn't really figured out if Blake is throwing the Warlock or Wizard now, it's been a good while since we discussed it. But, I find it quite funny after he was such a Wizard Fanboy for so long. Still is, and probably didn't switch. He's one that can tell very subtle changes in disc and is often more right than wrong. But, he doesn't rank the Dart near the Warlock for several reason, but I just told him he sucks and didn't know what he was talking about. He got a laugh out of that.

But to more clearly answer the question, I do find them to be more netrual drivers, than the Aviar. I consider the Aviar a very tad understable as a driver. The Warlock tends to hold any line from start to finish better than the Aviar. Not talking about Kc, And all the champ ****. So anyone thinking about throwing that **** out here keep it to yourselvse.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:47 AM
* Ace Member *

so for fun what did the two of you conclude were the top 10 putters?
Old 06-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Heh, honestly can't remember. I want to say it was something along the lines of Wizard, BB Aviar, Warlock, then I forget. He didn't even think the Dart deserved a top 10. He ranked it about 12th! Bah!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Went to a Play It Again Clinic yesterday at Kensington Metropark hosted by Mark Ellis. The teachers were some discraft pros and one of them, Sara Demar, helped me clean up some nose up wrist roll I had. Which I think I've figured out how to cure that little issue of discing down to mids and then moving up to drivers. Anyway, my bag, as it stands, as I am trying to really beat in certain things.

(will hopefully post pics later)

Stiff 172 Pro D Challenger - Putting, approach, driving 250'-280'

176 3rd Run ESP Comet - not sure what to think now sadly. Sarah kinda pumped up my power a bit and now it turns on me waaayyy more than I'm use to. Going to have to figure out a few things first but I think I'll have a stand still 300' shot with it easy as it turns over at the end of its flight around 250 and then turns into the ground...

164 Blue ESP Cyclone - Nice dome, very mid like, and since Sarah turned up my D I really see how Lithi says it flies like a longer Roc. Once this thing is beat in it will be straight as a Roc too.

174 Pink Pearl Z Pred - my best buy from PIAS yet. This puppy is beat in and sneaky long. You wouldn't think it was overstable till the end of the flight.

I've also included a Z Avenger SS and a really beaten in ESP Surge to include in the mix. We'll see how things work out.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:47 AM
* Ace Member *

On a side note... I'll try the warlock... somehow... It would be fun if my back could look like this

2-3 Warlock
3-4 Roc
2 ESP Cyclone
2 Z Pred
Z Avenger SS

but now I'm just being dreamy... and double post ftw.