Old 09-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 24
A tip I found to improve D...

Granted, this helps most when you have your timing down...

What I found is that when I give a little wrist "snap" or wrist extension between the hit point and your sternum, it gives quite a bit more power and "snap" into the disc. I think most people say to do this naturally (not intentionally) but I found it to be better when I physically do it myself. I had not played for a year and when I started to throw a little again, I was able to get back to my old D of 550' pretty easily and this is one of the things I've noticed that helped.

Just trying to help anyone that may want/need it.

Daniel
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2011, 12:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
you mean on the pull back between the 2 points before the reach back? almost as a 'jab' at your intended target line?

I do this...it not only helps me line up my drives, but yes, also gives me added D.

to those trying to learn this...be careful with it messing up your 'engrained' taiming you've had since you've started playing.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: LHBH

do you mean like the bottom left drawing?
Old 09-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Eagle Member

Yes, Tri. It's from the sternum to the rip point that you actively extend your wrist (back of hand reaching toward the elbow). I just did it today during a round and threw a destroyer 450' on what I thought was a bad drive using it...pretty cool.

And yes, it can definitely screw with your form IF you don't have your timing down. That's why I gave the disclaimer at the beginning...
Old 09-10-2011, 03:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.8
Courses Played: 81
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
This is the second thread you've started where you state you throw 550'.
We live close enough, I'll meet you at Idlewild, please show me a 550' shot. You should be able to reach hole 1. It's over 600' but slightly downhill.

What ya say? Want to play a round of golf and impress the hell out of me?
Old 09-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Eagle Member

Jay, I'm just trying to help people here, nothing more. Not trying to brag or anything of the like. I was giving some background to show I know a little of what I say.

I'll meet, but you can come to me, thanks. I have witnesses to my D. My brother lives in NKY and plays in their course challenges. He's seen it. He can tell you about it. I even did it with his disc, not mine (I'd never thrown it before--ESP Nuke.) At that same time, I threw several buzzzes and comets somewhere around 425'.

FWIW, I don't know why you're so doubtful of people's D. (And no, I'm not afraid of playing a round with you, although you probably would find some fault with what I've said, like "He only threw 540' that day so he can't say he throws 550'.") Why not just trust people that have given no reason to doubt them? If you go read on DGR, I studied the hell out of techniques to gain D last year and had major struggles until a big breakthrough. I think anyone that studies (and discusses) this stuff that much you'd have to give some credibility to...
Old 09-10-2011, 06:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.8
Courses Played: 81
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
I just wanted to play a round of golf.
Wow.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1
Courses Played: 14
@ Triflusal - Dude you have way too much time on your hands!!! I like the drawing! I just didn't get the putter usage equation...

@racer93 - I guess its all about trial and error huh? 50% say curl wrist/ 50% say its a bad omen...
Old 09-10-2011, 07:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazypep View Post
@ Triflusal - Dude you have way too much time on your hands!!! I like the drawing! I just didn't get the putter usage equation...

@racer93 - I guess its all about trial and error huh? 50% say curl wrist/ 50% say its a bad omen...
not my drawing, check out this thread

Old 09-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
I just wanted to play a round of golf.
Wow.
Sorry if I took what you said the wrong way. I've seen people give others heck on here about message board distance. I guess I came off a bit defensive. Sorry about that, ok? I just know what I have done and I get a bit tired of being questioned on it.

As for the round, sure. I don't get up that way much, but absolutely. You coming down for the Charlie Vettiner Open next weekend? A LOT of top pros are coming in, including several recent world champs...should be fun.