Old 09-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 68
Throwing Style: RHBH
it's $50 bucks. really not alot of money to join.

i dont blame anyone for not wanting to join for a month, but if that is the case then just pay the extra ten dollars and move on. no reason to question a non-broken system becuase it doesn't fit your timeline.

also i would love to see b tiers be reserved for current pdga members only.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 17
Lots of reasons to keep it on a calendar year. However, as part of attracting new members, I think a prorated membership for new members joining during the year would be great. The next year included after October 1st is good, but prorated would be better. By limiting it to new members only, you would prevent people trying to game the system year after year.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by takman View Post
My point is....you posted your question, received multiple logical responses (tour points, steady growth, economical interest, no need to complicate) and continued to argue. "But really, I think its a mistake" The PDGA can't customize their membership policy to please all new members. I didn't use the word attack or bashing, you did. So your post became a 2-sided PDGA policy thread that will solve nothing. AndyJB is ready to sign a petition already. Liife is about making decisions, this is just one of them.

I didn't ask about starting a petition.

The last time I checked forums were about having discussions about topics...this time disc golf. I'm sorry I asked a question about something I was genuinely interested in knowing the answer to and that, due to the ensuing discussion, it led to more questions and opinions being stated.

Next time I will ask if I should throw a Buzzz or Roc.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatepickles View Post
My thought would be to make the non-PDGA entry bump be $15 instead of $10 (as mentioned above).
That might encourage membership in places where PDGA tournaments are plentiful. In others, it might do just the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatepickles View Post
Also, memberships paid December through March are $50, this includes a yearly promo disc. April through June are $40. July through September are $30. October through November would be $20.
This would just encourage a lot of folks who don't have much going on before April 1st to wait until April 1st and save $10. A lot of players here wait that long to renew as it is.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by krupicka View Post
I will throw another idea out there that the PDGA could implement for those that are want to join the PDGA in the second half of the year. Rather than offering a reduced cost 6 month rate at $25 for Ams, offer a 18 month rate (at $75) that carries them through the following year.
I rather like that idea, myself.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qstick333 View Post

The last time I checked forums were about having discussions about topics...this time disc golf. I'm sorry I asked a question about something I was genuinely interested in knowing the answer to and that, due to the ensuing discussion, it led to more questions and opinions being stated.

No need to get defensive, homie.

I was the one who brought up a petition. It's truly the best way to make your voice heard. If enough non members with member support, as I said earlier, get behind it, then the PDGA's hand is effectively forced. It may not be in 2015, but perhaps by 2016. It's an idea worth exploration but discussion on a message board won't be the impetus for change.

If you're just meaning to vent and cause discussion, them I think you've done that. Many good points for all sides have been brought up, so the thread is effective in that regard.

It becomes then an issue of do you and the community want change, or merely a discussion? As of right now, it is simply the latter.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 76
Quote:

Starting a petition is the one thing you should have done.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:27 PM

Years Playing: 0.3
Courses Played: 4
Quote:

DGCR is full of dicks, you found some.

Throw a Roc.