Old 01-09-2015, 04:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
I got a pair of lighter Smoke colored zero mediums around christmas. They feel great and are putting well. 169g for outside the circle putts when I don't have room to step or want to putt more directly. Just enough more glide than my 175s. I cannot wait to have them broken in a little.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2015, 11:13 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
Recently made the switch from Wizards to Mercys. Back yard putting has been going real well and so far I'm pleased. Played my first real round with them yesterday and while the EZE plastic feels great at temps above freezing it turned rock solid and slick as ice in the 10-20 degree weather. It was more stiff and slick than anything else in my bag including champion/Z discs. I bought some emac Mercys that I'm hoping will grip a little better in the bitter cold.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by riltim View Post
Recently made the switch from Wizards to Mercys. Back yard putting has been going real well and so far I'm pleased. Played my first real round with them yesterday and while the EZE plastic feels great at temps above freezing it turned rock solid and slick as ice in the 10-20 degree weather. It was more stiff and slick than anything else in my bag including champion/Z discs. I bought some emac Mercys that I'm hoping will grip a little better in the bitter cold.
You should try the Zero-Soft for that kind of cold.

I started with Zero-Hard ones and used them for all putts and approaches.

When the Medium finally came out I switched to that as my go to "in the circle" putter. I still bag my Hards for upshots and drives.

I also will use a soft one when it is cooler here as a practice/warm up putter. During our summers the temps get so high that the soft is just way too floppy for me.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:10 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHBH
I ordered the emacs on Wednesday and on Saturday I was wishing I had ordered softs haha. I'll see how these do and if they don't cut it in the cold I'll order some softs

Old 01-12-2015, 12:29 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by riltim View Post
I ordered the emacs on Wednesday and on Saturday I was wishing I had ordered softs haha. I'll see how these do and if they don't cut it in the cold I'll order some softs
Sounds like you will be set for any/every weather scenario once you grab some softs.

Grab a Medium while you are at it. Medium has the best of both the soft and hard plastics...Imagine that, it is in the middle, just as the "Medium" name implies! Grippy and just firm enough to throw hard if needed.

Now if Lat will just update the Mercy stamp! Well maybe not, I do not need any new Mercys right now...or can you ever have to many?

Last edited by discguy42; 01-12-2015 at 12:34 AM.