Old 04-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Kenny View Post
The Wright Life
Seriously. I got two 10th Buzzes from him.... I'm in michigan. He answered my question about having them, took and emailed pics of the ones I was interested in, twice, picked out cools ones to show me and even threw in some stickers. Also they got here super fast too. Definitely recommended.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 04:09 PM
^Has PhD in Disc-Artistry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugless View Post
Aren't discgolfstore.com, primediscs.com, and discnation.com all the same company? The whois records for those sites all show the same technical contact and/or address. I think there may be other sites that are also affiliated, unless I'm grossly misinformed.

Why would these three sites have different shipping charges and prices? What's the angle?

bug
Hi Bug. I wasn't gonna jump in here and promote us otherwise, but me addressing this question will sound obnoxiously salesly. I'm proud of what we do; please accept my apologies for getting all marketer-mode in here.

We've got a few brands under the same parent company, and we also run fulfillment for other operations out of our Distribution Center near the store -- we do fulfillment because our facility runs tight and we built proprietary software that blows away any other system in the sport (dealer or manufacturer alike), with maximum automation and safeguards against human error. Other dealers would take our multi-site / fulfillment approach if they could. It's been mainstream in e-commerce for a decade, and our unique approach in the industry is because of backgrounds in mainstream technology and business. Working with several supergeniuses is my #1 draw as an employee here; it's exciting as a disc golfer to participate in what I see as leaps forward for the sport.

If I'm vague about anything here, it's because I have client/customer confidentiality to respect, and we're serious about that, so I won't confirm/deny any ownership or partnership of sites or vendors. Just not my place to do so.

The sites I market for are DiscNation, PrimeDiscs, DiscGolfStore, EverythingDiscGolf, and the vendor site, DiscGolfWholesale. Each one has a pricing and policy/marketing structure that's been individually balanced to serve a particular type of customer. EDG is the discount site, DGS is the free shipping site, and PD has rewards, a free shipping threshold, and the marketing voice of some joke-azz disc golfers. DN has rewards, the physical storefront, frequent promos/sales, far more disc metadata designed to serve the beginner / less-connected player, an infinitely more active presence in social media, event and player sponsorship, branded products, and a marketing voice that is pure DG-positive toward the full spectrum of players... generally the flagship brand with a mission to enhance the sport with modern commerce. DiscGolfWholesale is for resellers and runs wholesale ordering infinitely more sophisticated than any manufacturer. The lack of a per-brand minimum helps dealers stock more brands of plastic, or a more palatable selection if their offering must be limited. Plastic on shelves grows the sport, so I'm very proud of what DGW is doing there.

We can rock accurate orders out the door like nobody else; the next step is to offer that level of service to people who prioritize price, shipping, vibe, or the whole enchilada.

Regards,
Zachary Kelbaugh
Marketing Manager, DN
Old 04-19-2013, 04:48 PM

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: LHBH
Zam,

Thanks for the thorough response. It actually makes a lot of sense. I had never heard the whole story before, so that was very helpful.

bug
Old 04-19-2013, 04:59 PM
^Has PhD in Disc-Artistry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugless View Post
Zam,

Thanks for the thorough response. It actually makes a lot of sense. I had never heard the whole story before, so that was very helpful.

bug
Happy to 'splain! Grownup-mode Zachary's done here, and back to our forum's regularly-scheduled unprofessional ZAM act
Old 04-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
wait what

we do all that?

Old 04-20-2013, 08:49 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.6
Courses Played: 53
I bought from a lot of online vendors, but the only experience that I needed extra help on was with Disc Nation. I picked up a crunch bag an the zipped broke. They asked for a picture then followed up with a call and just sent me a new one. No muss no fuss, and they always make me happy with pre-orders when I request certain colors/weights.

Oh almost forgot, one of the 10% off coupons did not work, so they just gave me a $5 gift card which was more than the 10% off!

Definitely my go-to for one-line ordering.