Old 10-06-2015, 10:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 258
Throwing Style: RHBH

Yep, that'd do it. I do some lumberjack work there, for sure!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2015, 02:19 PM
Par Member

The glide is in fact insane. My VIP is a touch more stable than my Star Tern and typically flies about 20 feet further.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 8

Just spent about an hour doing field throws with this thing, and the glide is in fact, insane.

It's a really good disc for me. The one I got has a bit more lss than I was expecting. Flips to laser beam straight no problem, very controllable on hyzer and anhyzer lines, though not great for sharp hyzer a of course. I was getting good 300'-320' distance with a relaxed throw on a hyzerflip.

Very happy with this disc. I don't have a very powerful throw, and this disc seems to fit my skill level very well. Wish I would have bought one at the beginning of summer.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 34

I don't know what it is about this mold from westsid discs but they produced the most awesome looking gold line models of this discs for some reason. I bought out of impulse one time because it was so sweet looking.

I only threw it a few times and was really really nice, under stable but completely controllable. Like a patriot kinda. I sold it, but every time I see one in the shop I have to fight to not but it because of the way it looks so badass!
Old 10-06-2015, 05:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljerome View Post
The glide is in fact insane. My VIP is a touch more stable than my Star Tern and typically flies about 20 feet further.
Something isn't right here.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:42 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Something isn't right here.
I only have 1 Star Tern and it was more flippy out of the box than anticipated so that may be "what isn't right here". Also, I said a "touch" more....really very little....how about "my VIP Underworld is a hair more stable than my star Tern. Champ Tern is my workhorse and more stable of course. Yes the disc speeds are quite different so maybe it is just me but......IMHO.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 33

I don't like to assume things about other players. Otoh, the only way I can see an Underworld flying farther than a Tern is due to speed. These are two of my favorite molds, so it's confusing to me.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:04 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 14

My brand new VIP Underworld is definitely more understable than my broken in Star Tern (both weigh mid 160's). Loving the Underworld for turnover shots and starting to use it for powered down tunnel shots as well.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:00 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 8

So how does a seer compare to an underworld? If the numbers are right I take it they are relatively similar. Is there a spot for both or is the overlap just too much?

I ask because there is a used one for cheap at a local pias I've been tempted to grab, before they put discs away for the winter.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:31 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtydirtybirds View Post
So how does a seer compare to an underworld? If the numbers are right I take it they are relatively similar. Is there a spot for both or is the overlap just too much?

I ask because there is a used one for cheap at a local pias I've been tempted to grab, before they put discs away for the winter.
Buy the Seer at your local PIAS. Try it out. If you dont like it I'll buy it off you as I too have been wanting to try out a Seer.

That being said I think the Seer and the Underworld will definitely overlap. From the reviews and videos I've seen, its a bit more US than the numbers say