Old 01-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
I swear I just read on here recently that ribbon isn't usable in sanctioned events.
You did read that, in this thread. It appears a TD can seek a waiver from the PDGA for ribbon on discs for a sanctioned tournament. I will admit, I have not looked up that rule myself, so don't quote me on it.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:47 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpletwist View Post
Forget cotton. There are a lot of cotton and cotton blend undergarments, including undergarments marketed as cold weather clothing. This includes socks. Cotton holds moisture against the skin. If that moisture gets chilled there is nothing you can do to keep warm.

Even in the most severe conditions I've played in (single digit temps with double digit wind chills) I never wear more than 4 layers on my torso. Polypro underlayer, medium weight polyester sweatshirt, fleece zipper hoodie. And in the severest of weather a fleece vest.

Another important part of my winter weather garments is a neck muffler. Works better than a scarf.
As a Texan I can 100% relate to this. Growing up, our "longhandles" were 50% polyester/50% cotton. Garbage! It took my first snow ski trip decades later to force me to learn how to dress for the cold. I found Patagonia's web site to be very helpful for teaching me what I was missing. Polypro and fleece are definitely your friend. Cotton is EVIL! Also as a wintertime motorcycle rider, neck gaiters ROCK!

Last edited by Curtis_Valk; 01-23-2014 at 08:49 PM.