Old 02-15-2014, 02:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
Wish they had put this on more than a decade ago, when I was living in Champail. I'm not much of a Widespread Panic fan; so them headlining 2 nights makes me much less likely to go. Lots of other acts that I wouldn't mind seeing on the bill.

The big questions with these early festival lineups is: which bands that I absolutely want to see will be playing at the same time on different stages? That always pisses me off about these type of festivals. I've been to Bonnaroo three times (2004-2006) and 10klf once (2007). I always had a good time, but I think every time I was frustrated by the scheduling.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 105
Wow, I just checked out the map. If you need to take a shuttle bus from you camp site to the stages; you can count me out for sure! That was one of the things I liked most about 10klf; our campsite was less than a 5 minute walk to the stages. Bonnaroo really varied year to year as to how far out we were, but never so far that you would have to take a damn bus. That really screws up the atmosphere imo.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallpaul View Post
What the heck is a custie?
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:19 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixed Bag Madness View Post
You obviously didn't read the lineup. Old school allda way. Panic ,TTB, Leftover Salmon,w bill payne from Little feat, Leon Russell etc. Nice try troll. Maybe you could add some pertinent information to the conversation. Does that **** look like Coachella? I don't think so. Don't hate the MAJOR players! Come and have a good time.
2 nights of WSP and possibly SCI playing along with Leftover and TTB, that looks epic! Wonder if Ratdog or Phil and Friends are the other unnamed bands. Really cool that dg sponsors and a course will be there and sounds similar to the UM event every year in NY. I will probably get chastised for this, but I would go for the music rather than the golf unless a sanctioned tournament was planned alongside the music.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradus View Post
Don't forget a healthy dose of hepatitis!

Looks like a good line-up. Who is TTB? (or was that supposed to be TAB?)
TTB= Tedeschi Trucks Band
Old 02-15-2014, 03:44 PM

Courses Played: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countchunkula View Post
Wish they had put this on more than a decade ago, when I was living in Champail. I'm not much of a Widespread Panic fan; so them headlining 2 nights makes me much less likely to go. Lots of other acts that I wouldn't mind seeing on the bill.

The big questions with these early festival lineups is: which bands that I absolutely want to see will be playing at the same time on different stages? That always pisses me off about these type of festivals. I've been to Bonnaroo three times (2004-2006) and 10klf once (2007). I always had a good time, but I think every time I was frustrated by the scheduling.
I went to the first 4 years of Bonnaroo. One year they had Sonic Youth, Leftover Salmon, Keller Williams, Bela Fleck, and Ekoostik Hookah all overlapping/playing the same time slot. Considering I'd seen all of the other artists multiple times I rode the stage for Sonic Youth right in front of Kim. BTW the custie comment was a joke. I guess there are no brahs or lot rats on this board. Oh and TTB is Tedeschi Trucks Band who are absolutely blazing right now. Part of the reason the allmans may be calling it quits. (Derek and Warren are leaving at the end of the year.)Derek Trucks is slaying right now.

Last edited by Mixed Bag Madness; 02-15-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:27 PM

Courses Played: 42
http://phasesofthemoonfestival.com/d...f-phases-moon/

It's official. Ticket ordered. Preperation started! Seeya all there.