Old 08-05-2014, 11:11 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
Chicago is killing it with sheer amount of courses. Someone's putting in work there!
Sheer amount might look impressive but according to the numbers, only around 5% of them are worth it, after spending an hour or more fighting traffic.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.6
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHearChains View Post
Sheer amount might look impressive but according to the numbers, only around 5% of them are worth it, after spending an hour or more fighting traffic.
Better than nothing, I suppose. I have no idea as I have never been to Chicago.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 33
Courses Played: 117
Okay, I went searching for any other places with 4 courses at 4.0+. I found only 1 new one: Louisville!

I did find several places with 3 courses at 4.0+, such as Buffalo, Tulsa, Peoria, east of Paw Paw (to grab Hagerstown), and north of Santa Fe.

Additionally, and more importantly, I found better zip codes for Augusta Maine and Ann Arbor, bumping them up.

Again, this list is sorted by the 3.75+ column -- although some would argue it should be by the 4.00+ column, just looking at the places with 4 courses at 4.0+.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 144
Send a message via AIM to New013
as it is being pointed out over and over again, zip codes don't even give you accurate info. that coupled with the fact that zip codes are all completely different sizes makes this not very accurate. i also disagree with your list only using courses 3.75 and above... you're leaving out a lot of very good courses that way when considering you're looking at just cities and the surrounding area.

if you place a dot in the middle of Charlotte and go 25 miles out there are 16 courses 3.5+. Ann Arbor only has 8... and you're saying Ann Arbor is better? You're also in no way accounting for the actual review scores for each course. One city could have a bunch right at 3.75 while another could have a bunch up in the high 4's, that's not being accounted for.

Last edited by New013; 08-05-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 33
Courses Played: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
as it is being pointed out over and over again, zip codes don't even give you accurate info. that coupled with the fact that zip codes are all completely different sizes makes this not very accurate. i also disagree with your list only using courses 3.75 and above... you're leaving out a lot of very good courses that way when considering you're looking at just cities and the surrounding area.

if you place a dot in the middle of Charlotte and go 25 miles out there are 16 courses 3.5+. Ann Arbor only has 8... and you're saying Ann Arbor is better? You're also in no way accounting for the actual review scores for each course. One city could have a bunch right at 3.75 while another could have a bunch up in the high 4's, that's not being accounted for.
Uhhhhh, sorry I hi-jacked your thread.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.6
Courses Played: 85
Don't be sorry, Ann Arbor is better than anything those NC peeps got (even though I have never played in NC yet), GO BLUE!

Edit: Good to see Tampa finaly getting some love.