Old 06-19-2013, 11:00 AM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 20.9
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shark View Post
I don't thing their producer <Doc Duesler> goes to the events. He actually coordinates from his home in Philly a fair bit of the time.
He was at the worlds and USDGC last year. 100% sure of this. Can't speak for other events, but I saw him at those events.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shark View Post
I don't thing their producer <Doc Duesler> goes to the events. He actually coordinates from his home in Philly a fair bit of the time.
He was at the collegiate nationals this year.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOStheBOSS View Post
he might have added a "yet" at the end but I don't remember
Either way. Its an environment ripe for burnout. Especially when you add all the criticism from the online DG community. Its easy to run on passion when everybody is telling you how much they appreciate your work and how great it is. When the opposite happens, its easy to start asking yourself "why the hell am i even bothering with this ****."

i hope they can get some funding from the major DG companies, PDGA, etc. This kind of tournament coverage is needed. It CAN be done right. There is an (albeit small, niche) audience for it.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Birdie Member

It would be nice if the feedback that was offered was more constructive than what most of the posts are. I understand that people have expectations and with this last broadcast they fell way short of meeting those. But why do people feel that the best course of action is to make insulting and sometimes vulgar comments. It reminds me of school kids getting into a fight. They canít put their thoughts together to form a decent sentence so they just swear and insult people thinking that will make a difference. I donít notice it on here but their Facebook page and online chat can get pretty bad. I canít imagine that any of the guys associated with DG Planet are making any real money for the amount of time that is put into this endeavor. You wonder how much longer they are going to do this before tossing in the towel and say forget it the support is not there.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 112
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by anathematize View Post
Either way. Its an environment ripe for burnout. Especially when you add all the criticism from the online DG community. Its easy to run on passion when everybody is telling you how much they appreciate your work and how great it is. When the opposite happens, its easy to start asking yourself "why the hell am i even bothering with this ****."
Well said. And that sentiment doesn't stop at producing disc golf broadcasts, live or otherwise. It applies to tournament directors, club leadership, and anyone with any responsibility for design and maintenance of a course (course owners, course "pros", parks workers, clubs, etc) as well. Few if any are in this game just for the money, and they generally don't last long because there isn't a ton of money to be had in the first place and there seems to be a negative stigma associated with making money off the sport anyway (unless you're a super duper pro, then it's okay ).
Old 06-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by anathematize View Post
Doing disc golf talk radio for about two years and 40+ shows I have asked myself that question many times.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 17
Are these guys kaput?

Schedule shows coverage of the European Open, Nokia Finland.

No mention of any coverage via email, web, Fbook.
Facebook site has no posts since June.

And posting appears to be disabled as well.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 20
Anybody else getting a 404 error when accessing discgolfplanet.tv?

Old 10-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdphil View Post
Anybody else getting a 404 error when accessing discgolfplanet.tv?
Nope, works for me.