Disc Golf Store
Old 08-04-2013, 08:18 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino View Post
this on the 400 foot holes tough to get the late turn. even if you get to the area you are still 45 out while the forehand skips naturally to the basket. easier shot to repeat....IF you have that skill. Backhand harder to get that string of birdies in the woods. makes a lot of duece or die holes.

but forehand 330 is something Dave from innova does without more than one step. so 400 for pros is cake if they work at it.
I agree, there are a lot of instances where you can count on the forehand skip to get you closer to the pin. Or say if the basket is on the right but there is an uphill slope. A turnover should would be prone to hitting the hill and kicking back left.

Footing is another big upside to me. It doesn't take too many tree hits to the hand on a backhand follow through to make you wanna at least develop a get out of jail flick shot.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOStheBOSS View Post
Not done correctly. Mark Ellis had to develop a FH because he couldn't throw BH anymore. He's still going. Big Jerm's is effortless and I think he could do it forever without injuring himself
I have yet to injure myself (knock on wood) and about 80 percent of my game is forehand. the rest is approach and putts backhand.