Old 10-17-2013, 05:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 87
It's a little huggy. The hershiser drill you want to hit the wall with your butt first not the knee or shoulder, and feel the leverage from the rear foot pushing the hip against the wall. You should be able hold that position forever comfortably.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
It's a little huggy. The hershiser drill you want to hit the wall with your butt first not the knee or shoulder, and feel the leverage from the rear foot pushing the hip against the wall. You should be able hold that position forever comfortably.
Side or rear of the butt? Should it feel like I would fall over if the wall wasn't there? When you say "forever" that makes it sound like I shouldn't be actively pushing with my rear foot after I hit the wall; is that right? Because the way I've been doing it, my rear quad/calf tire out.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ensor View Post
Side or rear of the butt? Should it feel like I would fall over if the wall wasn't there? When you say "forever" that makes it sound like I shouldn't be actively pushing with my rear foot after I hit the wall; is that right? Because the way I've been doing it, my rear quad/calf tire out.
More cheek than side of the hip. Like you would fall down on your butt, not over. It's more of a fall than a push, let gravity do the work. The harder you push the harder the wall pushes back. You just want to maintain leverage/bracing to not get pushed back.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Trying a more Swedish style(vertical shoulders) might help you with the shoulder rotation.
This should help as well:
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
Something I've never understood is how to throw anything but a hyzer with the swedish style vertical shoulders. I see them do it, I just don't understand how it happens. Or when it happens, maybe.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:34 AM
* Ace Member *

When I started using more swede style I had a huge jump in disc speed, which makes discs less stable and turnovers became more useful than anhyzers. All you need to do is change your balance/spine for anhyzer though.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Lead with the lower spine more athletically keeping your weight on the insteps of your feet, you stop the lower spine and tip your upper spine over the top instead of bringing the left side through under the rotation. Note the difference in the length of the swing and where the pull line is, your backswing is moving the disc around instead of staying back on the disc back and not pulling/swinging through the center of your gravity and/or your center of gravity is changing. The hit pic shows the difference in lever extension and power position. The last red line of the arm should be closer to the first purple line for better extension and leverage through the hit, yours shows early release. The finish position shows your lower spine and left side not coming through the shot.