Courses Played: 107
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Butlertron View Post
1. Wrong
2. Wrong
3. Draw
4. Right.

I'm not saying it was a fiasco, but I was surprised about how they struggled with the little things. They didn't have the carts assigned to people until day two or three and there weren't enough carts for my everyone in blue group one morning, I'd know because my group didn't have one. Half the carts there had no rainfly and ones that did were are ghetto rigged as they come. There wasn't room for everyone's bags on said carts either. I preferred to walk most the time anyways, so it didn't bother me. The drums in the morning were a classy touch that made it practically impossible to find the players on my card too. They couldn't have timed that part worse. The player packs were great, but shoes weren't available until the tourney already started and anyone with feet larger than 12 got an I-owe-you. It was a little more dysfunctional than I thought it was, but I guess you can't be perfect

you have to have been the only person who didn't have a good time there. Everyone else was having way too much fun to notice the small things that didn't go perfect.

I've been living in Taiwan and I know the group of 5 Taiwanese players had an awesome time, even though only 1 of them speaks more than a few words of english. you think the communication barrier was hard for english-japanese players/staff, you can only imagine how bad it was if you speak neither. Yet that didn't stop them from having a great time, and I even heard from others they were alot of fun to play with.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:19 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 242
Japan Open 2014 now on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_64mq...IxHblgAdBj41jQ

Old 07-23-2014, 02:25 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
I had a great time. I'm just saying there's always room for improvement. I didn't like wasting time looking for a cart or group mates when I could have been preparing for my first hole, apparently you didn't have that problem.