Old 07-29-2014, 03:43 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Should I start wearing cleats? I'm trying like hell to not spin out, but my shoe slips near the ball of my foot every time. I'm thinking some digging in might force the issue?
Old 07-29-2014, 08:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 106
Cleats should not be necessary. Roll your foot inward and push off the arch side/instep.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:15 AM
Sophomore

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Sorry for the fog. Couldn't keep the lens clean.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Still reverse pivoting. Your spine is tilted the wrong direction when you plant. Need to turn your front hip/leg/foot back at the plant, so toes land first then heel and your weight moves into the front leg from behind you. Also you use your arm to bring the disc inward instead of your weight transfer, so it's swinging early.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Sophomore

So I'm not bracing? I have a really hard time figuring out if you're telling me I'm doing something better or worse, or the same. Right now, I think you're saying that everything I've been doing the past couple months is exactly wrong. I know I messed up my pull. But I can come back and fix that if I can figure out what to do with my body.

I feel my big toe land first. Is my little toe supposed to land before the heel side of the instep?
Old 08-26-2014, 05:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Not correctly, the heel needs to plant moving forward so you can brace your lower spine(whole spine/weight) from behind you. The right pic is toe strike, you are way too upright and tilted toward the target and have no load into the rear hip. Your shoulder is already way ahead and your front knee/leg is open.

Left pic is heel strike, you are way ahead of the erin because you have planted so open that your front heel actually moves away from the target to land on the ground. Your elbow is also way low, you should either have the elbow up toward the shoulder or have your spine tilted toward your toes so your shoulder is lower.

From "reachback"(the plant) to the finish Erin's swing is like 2 feet longer.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Sophomore

I did a few different things. I believe I could replicate any of them.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Your backswing is tipped back instead of loading into the rear hip. Keep some flex in the rear knee/hip and turn/move the rear hip forward in your backswing as your arm moves backward. Your knee is straight and the hip stays in place which is why your rear hip is much higher than the front hip during the your throw, so the rotation is not on a plane/axis. You end up either reverse pivoting/falling back away from the target, or you get too far over your hips and fall over forward.

Watch how my rear hip moves forward during the backswing and you can see the hip and knee are flexed and loaded. So I'm striding everything forward in balance as the arm moves back as a counteraction, where you are tipping everything back and forth more together.