Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags

View Poll Results: which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?
free shipping with in the U.S. 20 39.22%
13% off 31 60.78%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
Not yet....but I have a few patches waiting. Just need to buy an iron now (I know, who doesn't have an iron? )

I can't imagine that ironing on patches wouldn't work.
Bring the patches and bag next time you stay in a hotel room.....
Old 06-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 0.3
Courses Played: 20
Just curious, but i don't see on their page how much the simian weighs empty. It looks great but i fear the built in stool + extra sturdy construction would make this bag quite heavy.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:32 AM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo View Post
Just curious, but i don't see on their page how much the simian weighs empty. It looks great but i fear the built in stool + extra sturdy construction would make this bag quite heavy.
It's not overly heavy. It feels no heavier than a Grip from what I can recall.
The bag is actually pretty "airy" despite its appearance. The walls are thin and the team is pretty simplistic so the weight isn't a burden by any means.

The thing you have to consider is whether or not you want a "bulky" bag. While not heavy, the sim does feel pretty expansive on the back. It's a Cadillac bag for sure. I resorted back to a smaller backpack bag bc of its size, but if you're comfortable with a fairly large backpack, there is no better available IMO.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:42 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
The bag is super light when empty. The frame is just PVC pipe and the fabric used is ultra durable so it's only about a layer thick. Don't let either of those facts deter you from the sturdiness of the bag. This thing isn't falling apart.

The problem comes from the fact that suddenly you will have so much storage that it is easy to overload your bag.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbond View Post
The bag is super light when empty. The frame is just PVC pipe and the fabric used is ultra durable so it's only about a layer thick. Don't let either of those facts deter you from the sturdiness of the bag. This thing isn't falling apart.

The problem comes from the fact that suddenly you will have so much storage that it is easy to overload your bag.
Ditto this. It's probably 3-5 lbs empty - crazy light. The bag does get heavy for me, but only because I load it up with two water bottles, 23+ discs, and all kinds of extras. If you have more discipline than me, you can keep it at a light weight. And because of the compartmentalized storage, it can hold a smaller amount of discs better than most backpack bags - the bag could hold 10 discs as comfortably as 20.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:16 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Quote:
GB said the Simian weighs 5 pounds in an earlier post somewhere in this 3000+ post thread.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:41 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 37
Send a message via Yahoo to gorillaboy
for those of you wondering about the GB umbrellas, I do still have some along with a bunch of other things. I have just temporarily pulled them from the site for a while to have on hand for items to sell since I'm preparing to TD the Gorilla Boy Open on July 12th.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:18 PM

After looking around and considering a LOT of bag options, I'm in for a GB Silverback. :thumbup:

Now I just have to wait for 6 months. :coffee: