Old 05-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
I have a couple of flat X-Comets and yes they can be leaned on more so than the domey ones. the "best" Comets have a nice gradual dome with a defined plateau in the middle. These also can be leaned on if you have a clean form. But the Comet really wasn't meant to be muscled.

There is a lot of technique involved in playing the wind. I ain't skeered to throw a polecat/sonic/bite into a headwind. Don't throw as hard.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
There is a lot of technique involved in playing the wind. I ain't skeered to throw a polecat/sonic/bite into a headwind. Don't throw as hard.
Nice inclusion of the Bite in that list. Does this mean that Polecats have some competition for a spot in your bag?
Old 05-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
You can get flat X comets. I have a 180g flat white X comet and believe it or not it's beefy --- and it's aweful. probably one of the worst discs i ever got in my life.. i've been trying to sell it for a few years now.
I have one too. 180g and off-white. You should buy mine, no sense in both of us having bad Comets.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 25
i was just wondering on peoples thoughts about this idea and wasnt sure what it would do. i wasnt looking to be ripped for not knowing how to throw a disc that i know how to throw quite well. just wanted someone's thoughts about something i have never tried.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:00 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerc View Post
i was just wondering on peoples thoughts about this idea and wasnt sure what it would do. i wasnt looking to be ripped for not knowing how to throw a disc that i know how to throw quite well. just wanted someone's thoughts about something i have never tried.
Generally, if I get a disc that should be flat-ish with a big 'ol pop top dome on it I'll use the hot water trick and try to flatten it.

Part of the reason that you got ripped on was you suggested taking a disc that is supposed to have some dome and flatten it to change its flight. That's not a great idea; in the case of the Comet it actually will probably make it flippier and worse in a headwind. If you want something to fight a headwind, you should probably buy a disc like a Hornet that is designed to be thrown into a headwind.