Old 07-18-2013, 11:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Just got my Rattlers in today (gee thanks FedEx).

I'm not sure why, but I thought they'd be a lot bigger. They are only a hair wider than a normal putter, and a little deeper than an Ion. The grips felt good on both the fan, and power grip.

From the first throw I knew this disc was different. Just as advertised, it flew, then died. When it's done, it's done, and drops out of the sky. This was especially true when given some height. I was putting a fair amount of power on them, and it's like it wants to glide at first, then quickly loses steam.

So far I'm fairly impressed. I feel pretty good about trying the Rattler out on the course. It'll make those runs from 100 feet in less nerve racking, since I won't blow by the basket so much.

One thing to note: I was in front of my house, and this was the first time I've used Pro D plastic on the street, or on my gravel front yard. It got torn to shreds. I had to file all three discs smooth, and they look like crap after only about 15 throws each and are already a little less stable than before.

Lesson learned. Stick to the grass and dirt with Pro D.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by BigSky; 07-18-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

I have a pre-2000 rattler in pro-d. That thing is beat to snot but hyzer flips to flat for 280 then dies. I can get my anodes to 290'-310' on a max (perfect)drive but can't touch that with the rattler. Must just be a slower disc?
Old 07-19-2013, 12:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 172
I can't think of many (if any) discs that'd be slower than a Rattler- it loses it's initial velocity very quickly compared to pretty much every other putter, plus it's got a fairly tall profile, which means it has greater air resistance = uber slow.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 07-19-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post

One thing to note: I was in front of my house, and this was the first time I've used Pro D plastic on the street, or on my gravel front yard. It got torn to shreds. I had to file all three discs smooth, and they look like crap after only about 15 throws each and are already a little less stable than before.

Lesson learned. Stick to the grass and dirt with Pro D.
The wear will slow down.

My Rattler got the **** kicked out of it the first few rounds I've played with it, but hasn't worn much since. Flight hasn't changed much either, I've had it in the bag for a bit over a year.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 56
Ive been using them for my half assed runs from 70-100, mostly step through putts that i want to have some chance of going in but if it missed, isnt goiń anywhere. Been workin out pretty well. Ive thrown a few pancakes with it, and its been nice as well.

Pretty much only threw it or pitched it as a layup previously, with the occasional FH wrist shot. I seem to keep finding new uses for it lately