Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Technique & Strategy

Old 10-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
How many of these clinics are done per year? Wondering if Michigan is on the list in the near future?
Old 10-18-2013, 01:32 PM

Years Playing: 26
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: LHBH
So far, the best of the many things from the clinic that is helping me is focusing on the follow-through.

When speaking about the fundamentals, the pros emphasized it.

When they watched everyone throwing, it was about the most common comment they gave.

I think focusing on the follow-though has helped me improve my weight transfer, but even more important, it has loosened up my swing.

In striving to improve, I keep trying to incorporate what I read and see. Many times, I get too focused on positions and technique, which leads to muscle tension. Focusing on the follow-through is helping me to reduce the tension so I am more natural/athletic with my throws.

Going forward, I think it might be most helpful to do most of the technique type work in slow motion, and just focus on the follow-though when throwing.

I am curious what anyone else took from the clinic.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly Bastage View Post
So far, the best of the many things from the clinic that is helping me is focusing on the follow-through. .
I could not agree with this more. The general thing I was wanting to improve was accuracy and while they didn't specifically address that, I've found just practicing standstill shots in the yard that when I remember to follow through the accuracy just happens. It's been really eye opening. But I have yet to get in a round since, which is really bugging me.