Old 07-28-2013, 10:25 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
As predicted, this has pretty much turned in to "I lost a disc today/last week, etc) thread.
Stage 1 is complete.

*pulls out a large spoon to stir the pot*

Stage 2 - now discuss if it's OK to keep a found disc
Old 07-28-2013, 10:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 34.9
Courses Played: 153
Throwing Style: LHBH
I've lost 22 since 2005. Easy come, easy go.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:44 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 34
If it will make you feel anybetter let me tell you a story.

A couple of years ago at a local tourney with a temp basket across a large pond, I through not 1, not 2 but 3 discs into the water on the SAME HOLE in the SAME ROUND.

The shot was maybe 125-150 across the water and you needed to hyzer it or you could stay on land and anhyzer. My first shot I over threw and it turned over an went right into the water. Shot 2 was from the drop zone which took about 1/2 the distance of water out of the equation only 75 -100 feet and did the same thing with a mid. 3rd shot from the same drop zone I tried to stay on land with an anhyzer which worked until the disc landed, stood up and then rolled right into the water! UGGGG!!!!

Since then I have deposited discs in water all over the place including yesterday at another tournament at a different course.

Moral is, Sh*t Happens! But I do hope you have better luck than me.

Rick G
Old 07-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 88
Hey hey hey! I tried adding value and reassurance to this thread hah
Old 07-28-2013, 10:57 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 17
I'll bite on the "is it okay to keep found discs" bait. It's totally okay, especially when it was your disc to begin with that has made it's way back to you.

There's some stupid long grass out at William Jewell college on 7 & 8. Like some chest high clumps at least knee high average thick, thick, thick stuff. They just don't mow around a drainage ditch that runs from the baseball field down to the creek. That's cool and all, but it's directly in the middle and across the fairway of both holes. In some areas is 15' across, in some areas it's 30 + straight across the middle of the fairway and within 20 - 30' of the pin, which on each of these holes is fairly straight with a steep falloff toward the hole, so you can't see the disc land. No idea if it's buried in the deep stuff or sitting pretty on the rise a few feet past until you walk up.

I went back today for the uninked Star leopard, that I threw in to the grass and buried on Friday; this time with a bow head rake. Searched for 30 mins or so and was about to call it, when I bumped something hard but compeltely unseen with the rake and "Bam" there you were leopard. It was so stupid. Great drive. Landed about 20' short of the basket. I'd take that drive placement all day, but the grass there is outta control. I can understand rough, if you get off the fairway but this stuff literally crisscrosses the fairways extremely close to the landing zone of an ideal drive and is so thick it's ridiculous.

They just cut the grass recently, and the rest of the course is well maintained, so don't get me wrong. There's just a couple of holes where non-disc golfers made the decision to let the grass go nuts in the exact spot that you don't want to let the grass go nuts in. If the rough lined the fairway or was a deterrent from going long, or missing R or L, it'd make sense.

This isn't the first run in I've had with this particular patch of rough. You throw an ideal drive, hope to be 20' short or so with an uphill look at the basket, but nope, you'll be squishing through the wet muddy drainage ditch for half and hour. I dunno, but I think it's bad design that the most treacherous, thick thick rough is straight across the fairway 10 - 30' away from the pin.

Anyways, I was super stocked to finally find my disc that I left on Friday. It came home this evening.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheGlory View Post
Stage 1 is complete.

*pulls out a large spoon to stir the pot*

Stage 2 - now discuss if it's OK to keep a found disc
LOL....you called it.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:11 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
As predicted, this has pretty much turned in to "I lost a disc today/last week, etc) thread.
Here is an idea. If you don't like the thread DON'T READ IT.

Dude. I would hate to golf with you if you get upset that easily.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000 View Post
Here is an idea. If you don't like the thread DON'T READ IT.

Dude. I would hate to golf with you if you get upset that easily.
I did like it. And I was reading it until it started turning in to the other MEGA thread. Now i'm just trying to have some fun with it. Maybe YOU need to chill...