Old 07-02-2015, 11:34 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethrutke View Post
Yeah, I'm planning to get them all up by the weekend. It's just a little slow with the processing and resizing. I have them up through the 11th hole now.
3 posts in 4 years. That's gotta be a record of some kind.

Traveling discers everywhere thank you for your service. You've added quite a few photos now for courses all over the place. Did you get the photographer achievement yet?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentCrook View Post
3 posts in 4 years. That's gotta be a record of some kind.

Traveling discers everywhere thank you for your service. You've added quite a few photos now for courses all over the place. Did you get the photographer achievement yet?
I would have taken pics while I was down... but I wasn't sure if Eric and his crew wanted somebody else to do that? So, I just waited for somebody else to do it I guess lmao. The long bomber hole I think like 7 or 8 is one of my favorite holes of all time.

Also... if anybody has looked at it, Coyote should currently be like in 12th position I believe. That is without concrete pads...
Old 07-02-2015, 12:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 86
Yeah, we mentioned to Eric when we got there that we'd take pics for the course if he didn't mind. I think he's so busy building and maintaining it that he just hadn't gotten around to it.

5 is the longest hole on the course at 898' I believe. Awesome multi-shot hole that kind of reminded me of Idlewild #1 and 15 blended together. I got a 4 (made a 50-ish foot putt) and was pleased as punch.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 851
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140
I think I just played my favorite course ever . . . Bucksnort . . . currently sitting at #3. I know I will get bashed for saying this because it doesn't have concrete tees, signage is minimal, safety issues (which are not an issue on this course under the normal rules and restrictions it is guided by like one tee time per day), there are no real bomber holes on the course, and a few other things I normally would include in my reviews (which I stopped writing long ago) but if I had to choose any course I have played to play over and over and over . . . Bucksnort would be it. I stopped writing reviews because it got to tedious and too many people would find fault with things I would say, so I decided that I no longer cared about the rating of a course just my own personal overall impression and how likely I would be to return if every course in the world was the same distance away and under the same circumstances.

I know it is rated #3, and I have played all of the top ten except for Harmon Hills, but I would choose Bucksnort over any of these courses any given day. That does not mean the others are without merit or equally fun or challenging or well designed . . . it just means I would prefer Bucksnort any given day.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by harr0140 View Post
I think I just played my favorite course ever . . . Bucksnort . . . currently sitting at #3. I know I will get bashed for saying this because it doesn't have concrete tees, signage is minimal, safety issues (which are not an issue on this course under the normal rules and restrictions it is guided by like one tee time per day), there are no real bomber holes on the course, and a few other things I normally would include in my reviews (which I stopped writing long ago) but if I had to choose any course I have played to play over and over and over . . . Bucksnort would be it. I stopped writing reviews because it got to tedious and too many people would find fault with things I would say, so I decided that I no longer cared about the rating of a course just my own personal overall impression and how likely I would be to return if every course in the world was the same distance away and under the same circumstances.

I know it is rated #3, and I have played all of the top ten except for Harmon Hills, but I would choose Bucksnort over any of these courses any given day. That does not mean the others are without merit or equally fun or challenging or well designed . . . it just means I would prefer Bucksnort any given day.
You have company on this one. I loved it. Funnest course I've played.

I played it last summer and had to be in Spearfish, SD that night. After two rounds my friends decided we HAD to have another shot at some of those holes, so we jogged through another round before I hit the road. One of my most memorable disc golf days. I can't wait to get back.

I've played 17 of the top 25, and it beats most of them.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentCrook View Post
5 kind of reminded me of Idlewild #1 and 15 blended together.
That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the pictures.