Old 10-04-2014, 02:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
After putting with VPs for a year and a half I'm auditioning alternatives. Want to try something of more reasonable stability. The Judge is the first mold to give the VP a run for its money. The bigger bead feels comfortably familiar, but the lower profile seems to help make for more consistent releases. And man, after putting with VPs, this thing is almost shockingly straight and glide-y. I'm not all-in yet, but it's looking promising.

Another pro for the Judge is all the plastics it comes in. I don't think I'll ever replace my Soft VP for hit-and-stick upshots, but I'd love to try a Lucid Judge for driving purposes. I've never had a true driving putter in the bag before.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 9
My lucid Judge has great HSS and isnt too LSS. It will fight back to flat on a shallow anny line. For sure glidier than my VP or Suspect and took the spot of my opto Pure as straight driving putter. If its decently windy though i'll use the Suspect.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingdiscs View Post
My lucid Judge has great HSS and isnt too LSS. It will fight back to flat on a shallow anny line. For sure glidier than my VP or Suspect and took the spot of my opto Pure as straight driving putter. If its decently windy though i'll use the Suspect.
Great to hear how it complements the Suspect, because that's one of the most entrenched discs in my bag. There are places in tight quarters where I've wanted equal HSS but not the LSS, or on shorter holes where getting it to fly as straight as I've needed could risk running past the basket, that make me think a Lucid Judge could be just what I needed. Lucid Suspects take long enough to wear into that line that it can be a chore.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 9
Holes where I throw the judge are tighter holes, without room for a powered down Suspect/VP hyzer. It sounds like it would be close to whatcher looking for.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:02 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Does anyone drive with the Classic Judges anymore?
Old 10-06-2014, 04:43 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM33 View Post
I use a classic blend (medium) judge for most of upshots and fuzion Judge as a driving putter. The classic judge was my former driving putter, they seem to beat in a good amount pretty quickly but then stay the same for awhile before getting really broken in. Fuzion and lucid judges are my cup of tea when it comes to driving off the tee.

My classic blend has some scratches and ditches and it is definitely less stable than before, but can still go nice and straight.

What i really love about the classic blend is the grip, even when wet the disc feels great in the hand and won´t slip out of my hand too early.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM33 View Post
I have a well worn classic soft judge I throw for straight and slightly turning shots off the tee. Also is my main approach putter.

I did finally pick up some classic hard judges that weren't ridiculously stiff like the last one (which was black and kind of waxy, the two nice ones I found are white and kind of chalky) Still haven't even seen a classic blend anywhere around so I grabbed those. They are pretty much exactly the feel I was looking for, at least for warmer weather. Will have to see how they do over this fall/winter before I look for a different blend.

Last edited by VictorB; 10-06-2014 at 09:15 AM.