Old 10-12-2013, 11:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 115
.....Anyway, back to the topic, do check with your Detroit-area private courses and make the effort to play them. No guarantees, but private courses do tend to have certain advantages that usually make them well worth playing.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
.....Anyway, back to the topic, do check with your Detroit-area private courses and make the effort to play them. No guarantees, but private courses do tend to have certain advantages that usually make them well worth playing.
I will certainly do that. Thanks for the info
Old 01-04-2014, 01:19 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneupmshrm View Post
That is crazy. Why wouldn't they put a disclaimer on there? Some people just don't understand

It was probably much more involved than simply adding a disclaimer. You're talking about having to add functionality to the app and adding more to the database. It's not an insane amount of work, but if the functionality was never there to begin with, then it's probably a fairly involved overhaul of the data store. I can definitely understand why the app makers may not want to put that much effort into it. It's frustration from getting complaints about a problem from a scenario you never even envisioned, and something that wasn't even inherently an issue with the app but with the people who incorrectly put that course on there.

A friend and I have been working on a course on private property, so I definitely understand the concern of unwanted people randomly showing up. But as someone who has worked with databases and web apps I also understand that what people are wanting is not a simple task.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:23 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHFH
As far as the private courses go, if it's on DGCR, it's very likely visitors are welcome as long as you contact them and make arrangements.