Old 07-11-2013, 11:53 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 22.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murena429GT View Post
As far as smooth rims go I have a blizzard Katana with bubbles only in the rim that is smooth like normal champ, I think the weight is in the 150's though.
Hmm, maybe I can find a Boss like that? Do you have any that are rough edged to compare stability between the two? Smooth edge should cut through the wind better. I have 3 150+ and none were smooth when new...
Old 07-12-2013, 12:02 AM

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 15
Sorry I don't have another blizz katana to compare to, but I'm sure you'll be able to find a Boss with a smooth rim, I'm pretty sure the blizzard destroyer I used to have had a smooth rim too. I think the heavier blizzard discs have less bubbles overall, so less of a chance of them making the rim rough. Otherwise I think the original blizzard bosses had bubbles in the flight plate instead of the rim, you might want to check those out.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 59
What do you think about the Blizzard Boss compared to the Blizzard Destroyer?
Old 07-12-2013, 12:32 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5QU166Y View Post
Apparently, the Factory Store has a new run with bubbles in the flight plate (http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/blizz...ry-second.html). Thoughts? Anyone going to buy some?
This is welcomed. I was always perplexed about Dunipace's decision to move the bubbles to the rim. That seemed to work against what we know about the gyroscopic properties of discs. I'm really glad to see proper Blizzard back on the market, even though I'll will be a long time until I get to it (I've got a long list of things to try with all this new stuff flooding the market).
Old 07-12-2013, 01:18 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
What do you think about the Blizzard Boss compared to the Blizzard Destroyer?
My opinion is not much differences between the molds. The differences will be with the weights, domyness and placements of bubbles. Mostly weight...The molds are similar.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:26 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murena429GT View Post
Sorry I don't have another blizz katana to compare to, but I'm sure you'll be able to find a Boss with a smooth rim, I'm pretty sure the blizzard destroyer I used to have had a smooth rim too. I think the heavier blizzard discs have less bubbles overall, so less of a chance of them making the rim rough. Otherwise I think the original blizzard bosses had bubbles in the flight plate instead of the rim, you might want to check those out.
I have a couple of these and neither are smooth. I'm going to the disc store in the next few days to try to find a couple with a smooth rim, though they are priced nearly 10 bucks more than the marketplace here...