Old 03-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 121
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintermatt View Post
StarLite Valkyrie is Star plastic but with Blizzard bubbles. 130-150 grams.

The first StarLite disc was the StarLite Roadrunner.
This is straight from innova's site. I guess, if you say so.

Quote:
Starlite is a process similar to Blizzard. Like Blizzard, Starlite provides lighter weight drivers designed for a wider range of players. We've released a small test run of Starlite Roadrunners that are making their way to Innova distributors right now. Contact your local dealers for exact delivery dates.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discette View Post
The Champion Vulcan will be released on March 11. The Blizzard Champion Vulcan is currently in production and is scheduled for an April, 2013 release.

The StarLite Valkyrie will be released March 11th.
I would love a bubble Vulcan
Old 03-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timj5304 View Post
I have heard from many sources that the blizzard line is not doing well and may soon be extinct. Its been confirmed on many twitter and facebook posts reguarding this the past few days now
To refute groundless and pointless posts such as this one, Dave Dunipace set the record straight with this post on PDGA board:

"Always good to ask the source. I heard on Discgolfcoursereview yesterday that we were discontinuing Blizzard. Just a troll, but people were buying into it.
Thanks for the question. It helps to straighten out the disinformation that people come up with, for whatever reason."
Old 03-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 30
To the OP....if you are looking for new Blizzard discs, I would advise you to check out Latitude 64 Opto Air instead. They use bubble technology just like Innova, however the bubbles are pumped towards the center of the rim which makes them more durable. I have Innova Blizzard discs with chunks broken out of the sides from normal use, because there are so many bubbles at the edge of the rim that they burst and break apart easily.

The Opto Air ones look and feel just like regular Opto and their durability is equivalent to regular Opto. If you are looking for something really understable, I would suggest a Westside VIP Air King or a Latitude 64 Opto Air Bolt. If you are looking for something slightly more overstable, I would suggest a Latitude 64 Opto Air Halo. If you want something even more overstable, I would suggest a Westside VIP Air Giant.

If you throw lower than 150g though, you won't really find any that low in this line.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcstradamus View Post
To the OP....if you are looking for new Blizzard discs, I would advise you to check out Latitude 64 Opto Air instead. They use bubble technology just like Innova, however the bubbles are pumped towards the center of the rim which makes them more durable. I have Innova Blizzard discs with chunks broken out of the sides from normal use, because there are so many bubbles at the edge of the rim that they burst and break apart easily.

The Opto Air ones look and feel just like regular Opto and their durability is equivalent to regular Opto. If you are looking for something really understable, I would suggest a Westside VIP Air King or a Latitude 64 Opto Air Bolt. If you are looking for something slightly more overstable, I would suggest a Latitude 64 Opto Air Halo. If you want something even more overstable, I would suggest a Westside VIP Air Giant.

If you throw lower than 150g though, you won't really find any that low in this line.
i have an air king and the bubbles are alot cleaner and more on the flight plate than my innova ones.